Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I permanently remove call waiting?
MiamiJJ

I find it highly frustrating to be on a phone call with another color incessantly beeping in while I'm trying to hold a thought. It's disruptive because it interrupts the pattern of thought and forces you to consider who it is that's calling and what they might want, all while you're trying to focus on the person you're already speaking with.

When you get a lot of incoming phone calls like I do it becomes overwhelming and I absolutely hate it. I just want to focus on the one that I am with and I don't want this damn call waiting. Please, how do I permanently remove call waiting? No one seems to know!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Permanently remove call waiting
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can disable it temporarily by pressing *70 before dialing a number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can disable it temporarily by pressing *70 before dialing a number.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Some phones in call settings has the option to turn it off.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Also, you can select call forwarding options to forward a call to voicemail if your line is busy.

MiamiJJ

I appreciate the answers, but it really doesn't provide the clear sensible solution of just simply removing it.  As it stands, I have to be on both lines (one on hold) for call forwarding to work, or I have to have made the call outbound, or I need to buy a new phone.  I'm almost ok with the buy a new phone option, and when it's time to change I will definitely ask about that.  That was my favorite answer so far.

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Did you go into your phones call settings and check to see if there is an option?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Buying a new phone won't change your options if Verizon has removed the option.....like they do on so many Verizon models.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Call waiting is nice to have to ensure you don’t miss any calls MiamiJJ. We know that this isn’t for everyone though so we can remove this feature from your line. This way, when someone calls when you are already on a call, they will go straight to voicemail. We have sent you a private message so that we can help you with your account. We look forward to hearing back from you.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

MiamiJJ

Thank you Verizon customer support!  Correct answer, although I don't see the tab to select correct answer on this discussion.  I'm looking forward to having uninterrupted calls now.

slbopldag

I would like to disable call waiting too ... this answer is 3 years old but hopefully you can contact me to tell me how to completely disable (NOT temporarily disable .. completely disable for all calls) call waiting.