Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I "opt-out" of cloud storage?
sengvall

I would like to know how to opt out of the cloud. It seems it will cost me extra if I add more music to my SD card.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How do I "opt-out" of cloud storage?
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Go to your phone's Application Manager, tap Cloud, tap Clear Data, then tap Force Stop, then tap Disable.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sengvall, we don’t want you to think bad things about the service. Verizon Cloud is an optional service that you may use with your device. You have up to 5GB for free that comes with your calling plan. Which plan do you currently have? Also one piece of information that I wanted to clarify with you, when adding any: Contacts, Call logs, Text and media messages, Music, Pictures, Videos and documents, there is no charge to include them on the online storage. Unless you go over the 5GB allowance. But when adding music to SD card, that does not take any data at all. Can you elaborate more on what you are experiencing?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sengvall

Apparently you did not read the question as your reply had no instructions as to how I go about opting out of cloud storage.

I realize that my data is not used for uploading to the cloud. It is the fact that anything I put on my SD card will count towards cloud storage and that more than 5 gigs will involve a fee.

I have been with Verizon for well over 10 years, (actually, closer to 13 now..), and have usually been more than happy with both the service and customer support.

So please, re-read the question and respond with a topical answer.

Thank you

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You "opt out" by choosing something other than Verizon cloud - like Google drive or One Drive, DropBox, Rackspace, etc....  and storing things on your SD card does not involve Verizon cloud at all.  You are only limited by the size of the SD card.

0 Likes
sengvall

Thank you for your somewhat helpful reply. It seems as if I have no option except to trust my SD card contents to some 3rd party storage system. That sounds to me like an unacceptable risk. SuzyQ, let me tell you what brought my attention to this. I loaded my 16 gig card with a few songs to listen to @ work. Short;y after I put the card into my phone I got a txt from Verizon informing me that my cloud storage was almost full. I didn't plan on using ANY cloud storage at all. Seems like a security risk to have that info stored there as I had no idea that would automatically happen.

I do not believe that is any more secure than dropbox was when it got hacked. its just another backdoor for some untrusty hacker to exploit.

So, anyway, my question I guess should have been: How do I set my phone to not seek a place to "secure" my data?..

Sorry if I sound a bit skeptical and even more sorry if I sound upset. I just wasn't aware that any data I put on my SD card would be copied by an external entity.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Go to your phone's Application Manager, tap Cloud, tap Clear Data, then tap Force Stop, then tap Disable.

View solution in original post

sengvall

Thank you Tikibar. That is the info I was hoping for.

0 Likes
Re: How do I "opt-out" of cloud stoi wantrage?
GHTSWTJMT

I want to opt out of cloud storage

0 Likes
Re: How do I "opt-out" of cloud stoi wantrage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello GHTSWTJMT

I would love to help today. Were you trying to remove Verizon Cloud?

If you cancel your Verizon Cloud subscription, only your contacts will continue to sync with Verizon Cloud. All other content stored in your Verizon Cloud account will be immediately archived and no longer available to you. If you don't reactivate your Verizon Cloud account within 30 days, your content will be permanently deleted.

Note: Deleting the Verizon Cloud app from your phone does not cancel your subscription. You will continue to be charged monthly for your account until you cancel your account through My Verizon or the Verizon Cloud app.

You can cancel your Verizon Cloud subscription on the Products & Apps page in My Verizon or through the Verizon Cloud app:

1. Tap the Menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap the Settings icon (a gear) at the top of the menu.
  3. Tap My Account.
  4. Tap Delete My Account.
  5. Tap NEXT.
  6. Tap CONFIRM.

JoeL_VZW