Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I receive a transcript of Verizon Live Chat with an Agent?
JenniferBnyc

I recently upgraded my device based on a quote provided in conversations with Verizon Agents via the Live Chat function.  I was incorrectly charged (nearly $700 more!) based on the quote I received.  How do I obtain a transcript of my discussion with Verizon's Live Chat Agents?

Tags (2)
Re: How do I receive a transcript of Verizon Live Chat with an Agent?
jav6
Leader

@JenniferBnyc wrote:

I recently upgraded my device based on a quote provided in conversations with Verizon Agents via the Live Chat function.  I was incorrectly charged (nearly $700 more!) based on the quote I received.  How do I obtain a transcript of my discussion with Verizon's Live Chat Agents?

I thought there was an option when ending a chat to Save/Print or Email a copy.  I've also done a copy/paste of the text in a chat and saved that.  I don't think the chat scripts are saved for retrieval after the fact.  Maybe an agent or someone else can chime in.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
toolmen

For obvious reasons of deniability you can no longer save the ‘chat’ window…..this should tell you something about who you’re dealing with

BornTrucker

Like the others have said, the only way to save them anymore is to copy and paste. Verizon will often tell you they don't keep them which is probably a lie but benefits them if they lied to you.

I'm dealing with the same issue, only I saved my chat transcripts and they're still not honoring anything.

You're probably out of luck, verizon has become rather shady when it comes to sales. They will tell you that what their agents tell you isn't valid, only what you signed, even if you didn't sign anything with pricing. I even had them try to provide me with an account credit, but they told me they couldn't put it into a formal document until after I agreed to it in chat, which means they would probably just back out again and claim its resolved.

My suggestion in so to file a complaint with the FCC in hopes of resolution that way. If enough people file complaints, maybe they'll be forced to change their practices. I've spent tens of hours trying to get them to stick to the pricing they provided me and I agreed to. I posted on reddit and their employees attacked me so it's obviously ingrained in their culture.

Good luck, you're going to need it!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes