Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How do I reduce data usage?
FroggyKnight

I am going through data like water over a burst dam.  Can't figure out which app(s) is causing the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: how do i reduce data usage?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have an android phone, you can look in your settings menu under Data Usage and then Cellular Data Usage. It will have a list of apps and how much data each has used during the billing cycle. Of course, to be most accurate you need to set the billing cycle to correspond with  your actual billing cycle. It is unlikely the default billing cycle will be the same as yours. I believe that the phone keeps track of usage during the last 3 billing cycles.

If you have an iPhone, it is a bit harder to determine as Apple does not think this is as important an issue. Under data usage on  your iPhone, it will give a list of apps and how much data each app has used since you last manually reset the phone's data counter. iPhones do not give you the option to set your billing cycle and you must manually reset the counter at the beginning of your monthly billing cycle to see how much data an app has used during the current billing cycle. Once you reset the counter, you will not be able to see how much data was used in previous cycles so you may want to take screenshots or some other method to record your previous info.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have an android phone, you can look in your settings menu under Data Usage and then Cellular Data Usage. It will have a list of apps and how much data each has used during the billing cycle. Of course, to be most accurate you need to set the billing cycle to correspond with  your actual billing cycle. It is unlikely the default billing cycle will be the same as yours. I believe that the phone keeps track of usage during the last 3 billing cycles.

If you have an iPhone, it is a bit harder to determine as Apple does not think this is as important an issue. Under data usage on  your iPhone, it will give a list of apps and how much data each app has used since you last manually reset the phone's data counter. iPhones do not give you the option to set your billing cycle and you must manually reset the counter at the beginning of your monthly billing cycle to see how much data an app has used during the current billing cycle. Once you reset the counter, you will not be able to see how much data was used in previous cycles so you may want to take screenshots or some other method to record your previous info.

Gooshlem

With an iPhone where do i find data usage?  Under settings all i can find is cellular data or erase data.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question! Knowing how much data you've used with your mobile device is always very important.

You can quickly check your data usage from your Verizon iPhone by dialing #DATA or #3282 and tapping the CALL/SEND button. You can also view more info about viewing your iPhone's data usage by accessing Apple's website at http://spr.ly/6601yU5ch. Once you've accessed the site, scroll down to "View how much data you're using." Please let us know if this helps you. Thanks! -Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please keep in mind that your plan's data usage will reset at the end of your account's billing cycle. We hope this helps. -Robert C.

0 Likes