Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I stop telemarketer calls?
DANFLI60

I see verizon offers a way to block 5 numbers for $3.99 a line per line.
Problem is a.) the telemarketers keep switching numbers so that won't work for very long b.) it's a lot of upkeep to keep updating that list

and C.) it's overpriced.

It does look like a great way for verizon to overcharge for a "solution" that should be included with their service.Anyone else figure out a better solution?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: annoyingly persistent telemarketers
ericac_vzw
Verizon Employee

DANFLI60-

Getting calls from telemarketers is never a fun experience. Rest assured, you are able to block 5 numbers for free. It expires after 90 days but you can re-add them back if necessary. For a longer solution, we have Family Base for $4.99 (for the whole account): FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Since has the 5 number blocks cost $3.99 a line per line?

It was always free for 90 days for 5 numbers last I checked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ericac_vzw
Verizon Employee

DANFLI60-

Getting calls from telemarketers is never a fun experience. Rest assured, you are able to block 5 numbers for free. It expires after 90 days but you can re-add them back if necessary. For a longer solution, we have Family Base for $4.99 (for the whole account): FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop telemarketer calls?
kimberlb

It is a scam from Verizon. It is how they are selling their new product. I am filing complaints with the fcc over this. I have the same problem. Shame on Verizon!!!