Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I submit a complaint to an escalated department?
paulkimjo

Hello,

I am very frustrated every time I upgrade my phones. I always had variety of issues with promotions not being applied to my bill. At least, I was able to fix the problem via multiple chats with an agent before, but now it seems like it may not work without escalating a complaint.

I got a text in early Feb 22 from Verizon regarding a promotion providing $800 credit for 24 months if I trade in my old S9 phone. I accepted and processed the promotion via Verizon website, and Verizon confirmed my device's trade-in value to be $800 in March. However, the credit was never applied to my bill since then, so I had a chat with a Verizon agent in June. The agent confirmed the $800 trade-in promotion and value and told me that she processed the claim to a related department so the credit should be applied from this month (July 22). However, it was not still applied again... I contacted a Verizon agent today again, but their response was very frustrating. The agent said that it turns out my line or plan was not eligible for the promotion, so they can't apply $800 credit to my account. I have no idea what was wrong with Verizon, but if my plan was not eligible for the promotion, how come I was able to process the promotion via Verizon website and Verizon received and confirmed the trade-in promotion? The agent just confirmed again that they will not be able to apply $800 bill credit as my plan is not eligible for that, which is very frustrating.

I have been a loyal customer to Verizon for years, but I completely frustrated with Verizon this time. That I'm still having an issue related to a promotion not being correctly applied to my bill means there is still something wrong with Verizon. Is there any way to submit my complaint to the corporate office or possibly CEO?

0 Likes
Re: How do I submit a complaint to an escalated department?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Paul! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I regret knowing your promotion wasn't applied, as I know how crucial that it is. We can take a look at changing your plan, so you can take advantage of that promotion. How does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes
paulkimjo

I'm under a group plan with my friends, so that is not something I can do alone. It was just very frustrating that some promotion was directly offered to an ineligible customer, yet the promotion was still processed and confirmed by Verizon. And Verizon eventually refuses to apply the promotion several months after it was processed. I just thought leadership should be aware of this kinds of problems as other customers must be having the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

How long ago was the line upgraded? If a promotion is missing we have 6 months to correct it. 

*Heather

0 Likes
paulkimjo

Some representative reached out to me and finally resolved this issue. Thanks for following this issue up and resolving it. But wish I don't have to worry about this kind of issue again in the future.

0 Likes