Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I talk to someone who actually cares about my issue?
oaksco

I have been having an issue with Verizon for the last three weeks. I cannot seem to get through the first level or so of customer service. I feel they blatantly lied to me to get me to upgrade my phone or as Verizon calls it "provided misinformation". After a dozen hours on the phone and multiple disconnects with no call backs as promised still nothing. Ive been a Verizon customer for well over 15 years with 7-8 devices on my plan and it seems they couldnt care less. Even had a call back from "cutsomer loyalty" which was abruptly disconnected after almost two hours on the phone and 45 minutes on hold after being assured they could fix my problem.  Anyone have a number other than the standard customer service number for help?

0 Likes
Re: How do I talk to someone who actually cares about my issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello oaksco, before anything thanks for your 15 years of loyalty to the company, we appreciate your business. We value your time and are surprised to see you spent a dozen of hours on the phone with no support. The last thing we want is for you to feel lied to. Rest assured we care about you.

We have several contact options, you can check them out through this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/.

However, since you reached out to us via this platform, we would love to enhance your digital experience by helping you through the forums.

Please tell us more, what exactly is going on with your account?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
oaksco

I wam going to break this up becuase I just wasted the last 20 minutes tyoing this out to be logged out, locked out and lose my entire response.

I just took a job out of country in which I am provided a local number via physical SIM card becuase they dont have the eSIM technology here yet. I purchased an iphone 11 in store specifically for its dual SIM capability needing to move my Verizon number to the eSIM so I can use my local work physical SIM while in country here. I SPECIFICALLY asked the representative if it would work, told them when I was leaving, and repeated myself again and was ASSSURED it would not be a problem at all. Once I tried to add it (after the upgrade and they got my money) I was told there was a 60 day lock on the phone and it would not work utnil that point despite my asking and asking about this I was told again it would be no problem. Verizon apparently does not call this lying but "providing misinformation"

0 Likes
oaksco

I have spent no less than a dozen hours on phone, chat and even "customer loyaty callback" in which I am given multiple different stories from the lock being policy, to FCC regulation to "it will be no problem" but each sems to be stonewalled at the customer service level many of which refusing to send me up the tier and then usually ends in disconnection. I have been offered an international plan, for an extra fee of course, which obviouslt wont work not giving me access to my Haiti number, and was even told by a representative I could "visit my local Verizon store in Haiti (which Im still looking for) to buy ANOTHER new phone to use while here, or that I could buy a used phone from someone to use that is unlocked. I am currently 8 days from the 30 day lock period and have given up realizing that 15 years loyaty and customer service obviously means nothing anymore as my last call I was assured it would be no problem and would get a call back if disconnected and after an hour and fourty five minutes, the last thirty eight being on hold I was disconnected only in what I can assume was a good means to make me go away with no follow up call. In checking two days later I was informed my request was "denied" 

0 Likes
oaksco

I understand the purpose of the lock, however after 15 years with 7-8 devices on my account I didnt feel a simple week or two early unlock was an unreasonable request simply wanting to KEEP my Verizon number on the eSIM which nobody seems to listen to since I am repeatedly told I cannot leave with my new phone and switch to Digicell which I have no intention of. Honestly I am shocked Im taking the time out of my busy workday to write this as nobody has cared to listen or help up to this point and best case I will have to be another week unable to use my work phone until mine unlocks on the 14th.

0 Likes
oaksco

Nothing?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We don't want you to feel this way oaksco, we want to help in any way that we can. We appreciate your loyalty and we don't want to lose you. I have sent you a Private Message to continue. RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your loyalty matters very much to us, and we incessantly want to be transparent with you. Once the device meets our unlocking requirements, it will be unlocked automatically. You can view our Device Locking Policy here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-locking-faqs/. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
blueotter

Gilberto, If you are really sincere, and are maybe one out of 1000 who just got out of training who actually thinks anyone there actually cares.  GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD... NO. ONE. AT. VERIZON. CARES. Every single one I have spoken to has turned out to be a bald faced liar... ALWAYS VERY SWEET, AND HEARTWARMING, AND CONVINCING... but they ALWAYS seem to turn out to be liars. Today I finally get a "supervisor" on the line (another lie.. this guy sounded like he was talking through a paper bag... mumbled. a lot... VERY unprofessional) who exclaims "Oh sir, I need to out you on hold... " and then the line is on hold for 45 minutes until I get disgusted.

0 Likes