Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How long does Inactive Pricing Request (IPR's) take?
Smitty77_7

Anyone have experience with Inactive Pricing Request (IPR's) timing? 

The short of it. I now believe that I was lied to by a Costco Kiosk Phone Rep. Went into ask about a Costco advertised promotional for Instant Rebate and 24 Months 0% financing on a Samsung S21. Asked the Gent/Rep at the Kiosk about if I could use this promotional, without changing my current plan, as I had a Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan (gUDP). He said 'Your Verizon Account will not change.'. I asked how, as someone had to cover the costs for the rebate, and the 0% financing? He said 'Our company (Which has the contract for that Kiosk at that store.) and Samsung cover the Instant Rebate and 0% financing.'. I asked a third time 'So I can use this promotional to get the S21, and my Verizon Plan will not change? ' He said 'Yes, it will have no impact on your Verizon account.'

Bought the phone. And the next day I started getting messaged from Verizon that my account had changed... (Over to a 2GB Data Plan, assume a default.). 

Called Verizon Support, and feel the Support Agent helping me, Jeff, did a good job on helping me. I explained what happened, and asked should I take the phone back to Costco to get a refund, so I can restore my account to what it was. He put me on hold, checked with his supervisor, and then helped by filing IPR 2427991 on my behalf. 

It's been about 15 days now, and I've heard nothing back. So, does anyone who has been thru this process before, know about how long it should take to restore my old plan? 

TIA and Cheers!

0 Likes
Re: How long does Inactive Pricing Request (IPR's) take?
Doggo
Novice

It shouldn't take the offline team 2 weeks to make a decision, good chance it was denied.

0 Likes
Smitty77_7

Thanks. I'll call to see what the status is. I was told I'd be called back when the process was complete, but perhaps that was an error(?). 

0 Likes
Smitty77_7

Giving credit, where credit is deserved and due. 

Verizon's IPR worked well for me. This Rep, Mary, looked on my account and said the gUPD plan had been restored. I asked about the $25 for 24 months 0% financing, and if Verizon wanted me to pay that off (As obviously the 'Gent' at the Kiosk was 'wrong/lied' that his company and Samsung covered that costs.), and she said the person she talked to in the IPR area said that was not required. And, they even offered a one time $20 refund for the 2GB data plan that the Software had defaulted me to when the system detected an 'Upgrade' (My choice of wording, not what Mary said.). I declined this $20 refund, as I do not think it is fair that Verizon, as the result of what I feel was a Commission Hunting Kiosk Rep, should have to absorb the 0% financing. Fair is fair!

I feel in this instance, that Verizon was more then fair with me. And I appreciate them helping me:)!

And I have made contact with Costco, about the Gent at the Kiosk in the specific store that I bought the S21. (IF, it was a true mistake - he needs to know to avoid it happening again. IF, it was not a mistake, but deliberate misinformation - then actions should be taken. 

Happy Verizon customer here, and salute to the process working! Again, THANK YOU Verizon...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

-YalI am sorry for the situation as we certainly want to make sure you have the right information upfront to make the best decisions for your needs. Let's take a closer look at the status of the investigation. Please send a Private Note on this platform and we can offer you more personalized support.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The main problem was you chose to make this transaction at a third party retailer (the Costco Kiosk). Third party retailer don't have access to retired plans. The second problem is most promotions require you to switch to the current plans to qualify for the promotion.

If you got back your original plan, great, but next time pay attention to the details. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Doggo
Novice

@Smitty77_7 wrote:

Giving credit, where credit is deserved and due. 

Verizon's IPR worked well for me. This Rep, Mary, looked on my account and said the gUPD plan had been restored. I asked about the $25 for 24 months 0% financing, and if Verizon wanted me to pay that off (As obviously the 'Gent' at the Kiosk was 'wrong/lied' that his company and Samsung covered that costs.), and she said the person she talked to in the IPR area said that was not required. And, they even offered a one time $20 refund for the 2GB data plan that the Software had defaulted me to when the system detected an 'Upgrade' (My choice of wording, not what Mary said.). I declined this $20 refund, as I do not think it is fair that Verizon, as the result of what I feel was a Commission Hunting Kiosk Rep, should have to absorb the 0% financing. Fair is fair!

I feel in this instance, that Verizon was more then fair with me. And I appreciate them helping me:)!

And I have made contact with Costco, about the Gent at the Kiosk in the specific store that I bought the S21. (IF, it was a true mistake - he needs to know to avoid it happening again. IF, it was not a mistake, but deliberate misinformation - then actions should be taken. 

Happy Verizon customer here, and salute to the process working! Again, THANK YOU Verizon...

That's actually awesome! So glad when those go successfully. The rule of thumb was OG unlimited requests get denied unless it can be proven that it was a rep error.  Nice that the right people looked into this instead of brushing it aside.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to ensure we're able to provide an update. To confirm, were you able to get an update on your ticket? -Lorenzo

Smitty77_7

Yes, I received the info I needed on the IPR. Thanks for the follow up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for keeping us updated! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes