Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How long does it take to cancel a preorder?
Grizzlegold

Back in October, I pre-ordered a pixel 6 pro. It was supposed to ship in Nov, but never did. But then it was supposed to ship on the 7th and never did. After a week of back and forth with customer service, I decided to cancel the order for the pixel 6 pro, and to just order a phone that I could get immediately because my current pixel 4 is on the fritz. My order was canceled, but I am unable to order a new phone, because although the cancellation went through on my preorder for the 6 pro, the "device agreement" has not been cancelled. After calling Verizon 3 different times, and getting answers varying from a 3 day to a 1 week wait for the Verizon "back end" to catch up and cancel the device agreement, I am still left with no clue as to when I'll be able to order a new phone. No one has given me a definitive answer, and each time I'm told me issue will be "escalated." In the meantime, I've received NO email correspondence from anyone, and have only gotten generic answers. The second this is cleared up, I'm considering switching providers. I've never had an issue the the service itself when it comes to Verizon, but this customer service experience is leaving a very foul taste in my mouth. It's leading me to believe that Verizon really does not care at all about its customers. All I want is a new phone. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Has anyone else out there experienced something similar? If so, how long did it take before they were able to cancel your device agreement on the"back end"? As they would say

0 Likes