Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: How long does it take to process my trade in????
teeabhof

I traded in my iphone X in August 2021 and it's Dec 2021 and I still have yet to see a credit. I have chatted with them for 3 months in a row now and Verizon swears every time, they're going to "escalate it to their trade in dept." It's insane. They have held on to the $700 they owe me for 4 months now and I have been paying for my new devices full-price, monthly. So by the time they do credit me, they will actually owe me money for what I've paid. Basically, Verizon gets to sit on our money and earn interest on it while we continue to overpay for our new phones. By the time we recoup what is owed they will have made enough interest to justify the expense. At this point with all these people having the same issue, I am smelling something litigious brewing. You paying attention Verizon???? People want their money. 

0 Likes
TJ9510

I've brought 6 lines from ATT and got 2 hot spot lines in November 2021. They advised me to get a new phone since they could give a $500 promo code. They also gave me a $350 promo code for the lines too. I accepted the offers and they ordered a new phone. As soon as I received the phone I took mine to the store and they took it. They didn't give me any receipt and told I was good to go.  Two weeks later, I issued the codes online and I received email stating they had a problem processing the $500 code. So I went back to the store but the sales representative at the door told me I had to call the 1800 numbers or get online since I purchased the phone more than a month ago. She wouldn't even listen or ask me what was the problem exactly.  Then, I've got online and chatted with an agent who told me I had to upgrade my line to unlimited plan in order to use the $500 code. I accepted that and she said "you are good go. I retyped the code on my account but this time, I received two different emails stating that they had problem using the both codes. Today, once again, I've got online and chatted with an agent. She wrote me back that they never received my old phone and asked me if I had the receipt. I told her "They did not give me one and then, she said you have to go back to store. Tomorrow, I'll go to the store again to talk with the manager. 

What would you do? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, there! We definitely want to make sure this is resolved for you ASAP. When was the new phone purchased? What were the Promo Codes you were given?

*Breanna

0 Likes
Koby4uu

This seems to be consistent with Verizon. I traded in my Pixel 4a 5G for $500 credit as a new Verizon customer and got the Pixel 6 Pro. It's been two months since I sent it in and I haven't heard back. The tracking shows delivered and I am vet to receive my credit as this is really frustrating. Now I am stuck paying full price for the phone. It's unfair to treat your customers like this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, Koby4uu. I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your concerns about the trade-in promotional credit outlined in your post. Our resources show that trade-in promotional credits are applied to the account on a monthly basis and if your promotional credit is fro $500 you will get a monthly credit equal to $500 divided by the number of months of your Device Payment Agreement (24mo or 30mo). It may take up to 2 full billing cycles for the first promotional credit to be reflected on your account. More details can be found at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/). Is this information helpful?

-Antonio

0 Likes
merlstrom3138

If you send your Trade-Ins using the UPS or FedEx Prepaid Label that Verizon provided, there is no way it will get lost because of the Tracking Number.  If you did, schedule a Call Back and speak with a Representative.  The agent will be able to track it from your account.

My Trade-in for my second iPhone was just processed today, January 29. My trade-in was received by Verizon last November 9, 2021. It took 3 Call Backs to get this processed.  I am just glad that it finally came through. I guess patience and perseverance work.

Good luck!

0 Likes
MarkRMonaco

I shipped two of devices in for trade in credit back in early January. Both were apprised by the end of the month. I've checked with customer service a month or two ago and was told that it would show in the April bill cycle. Still have not received my credit. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Mark! We'd love to help you with the trade-in situation. Please reply to our private note to get started. 

~Aaron

0 Likes