Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How long does it take to process my trade in????
janelle_77

I sent in my iphone x (256 gb) to get the promo trade in credit of $579.99. It shows that verizon has received the phone as expected on 11/27/20. It is now 1/4/21 and I still have not heard back from anyone regarding when I would start receiving my monthly credit. I've tried chatting several times and the last person said they would make a ticket to follow up within a week. It's been over 2 weeks since then and I still no answers!!! If I knew it would take this long to trade in a phone I would have never bought a new one. This is such a hassle and I am stuck paying full price for my new phone until they give me the credits I was promised!!!

Re: How long does it take to process my trade in????
Piscestg

I know this won't help you now since you sent your trade-in phone. However I would never, NEVER send a phone to Verizon for credit. They will tell you that it takes two or three months to get your credit. And the true trade price is quite often never what was verbally quoted. Also, sales reps are not held accountable for anything they tell a customer in order to make a sale. If and when your credits begin you will be past the time allowed to return your new phone.

Two years ago Verizon offered $335 for my wife's iPhone 7Plus on a trade. We went to a Verizon store and they told us to send it in. I said no, as they either "get lost" or the price credited is always much lower. They gave us the $335 credit on the spot and we bought a new iPhone X.

I am in the process of replacing my wife's iPhone. I will trade hers at the Apple store. They honor their word. While Verizon usually has great cellular service, I always buy our devices from either Apple or Best Buy.

Please check other posts in this forum regarding lost trade-ins and quoted prices not honored. Unfortunately you may not be able to reverse your trade and purchase at this point.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is far too long to be left without answers, janelle_77. I know that I would be looking for answers myself, as $579.99 is a lot to leave on the table. Let's take a closer look at this. I've sent you a private note. Please reply to that private note to let me know you have received it.

0 Likes
janelle_77

@Piscestg 

Thanks for the info. I guess this may be an expensive lesson learned. I'm hoping someone from verizon will make this right. It is not fair for them to take advantage of their customers this way. Next time I will take your advice and go directly to the apple store.

Piscestg

Sure @janelle_77   It's a shame that Verizon operates this way. Good luck.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Novice

I had the same issue with ATT. I had to get my Attorney General to help. It took 2 months but I got my credit.  ATT agreed to terminate my agreement,  keep my S20 FE 's.  I then switched to VZW. I have a Support Agents email,  if i have problems they will assist.

0 Likes
Deeanna64

I had the same thing happen to me, traded my IPhoneX in December and was told that my account would be credited $550.00, still have not received ANY credit and now I am paying full price.... very frustrated

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Deeanna64, I can assure you this is not how we want you to feel. Our goal is always for you to get the best deal on a new phone. I am eager to get this resolved for you. Please respond back in a private note, so I can assist you better. 

0 Likes
Deeanna64

I received your message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you very much for this confirmation, Deeanna64. We certainly are happy to assist you going forward in the private message thread that we have with you. Please meet us back there so that we can assist with your inquiry further. Thank you. BrettA_VZW

0 Likes