Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How much do I owe upfront for a new phone
kschris

If I upgrade to a new phone, how much do I owe upfront on a payment plan? Tax? Activation fee? Just curious about how much I should be expecting to pay in-store.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How much do I owe upfront for a new phone
chris1060

When buying a new device on the Device Payment Plan, you will be required to pay the sales tax and upgrade fee.  If you go to the Verizon Wireless website, or use the MyVerizon app, choose the device you want and do a test purchase. This will show you the total amount you would be required to pay up front. The taxes are based on your location.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Getting a new device is always an exciting time, kschris. It’s important to understand the total cost due up front. As Chris1060 mentioned, there are a few things due up front, included sales taxes and upgrade fee. Also, if you’re upgrading your device there may be a remaining balance due for your current agreement or a down payment required for a new device if you’re not at your standard upgrade eligibility date yet. We hope this information is helpful.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CamoCop50

garbage. There are a lot of hidden fees you have to pay. The activation fee is added to your next bill, so you're not paying that up front.  Then they tell you that you have to pay the taxes up front. Well they tried to charge me $200 for an $800 phone. What tax rate are they charging? I walked out. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

One of our main goals is to provide you with great service and be transparent with your transactions. At the time of your purchase you paid taxes based on your location. Please refer to the following link to check what is paid at the time you upgrade. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-device-faqs/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
golferpro05

Yes. $200 on a $2,000 phone.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes