Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to Use Verizon Device Dollars at an Authorized Retailer
Daddio1949

My question concerns how to use Device Dollars at an authorized retailer.  The only guidance that I have found is “If you purchase your device from an authorized retailer, your Device Dollar amount will be applied as a credit on your bill. Depending on the date of your purchase, it may take up to two billing cycles.”, source:

https://www.verizon.com/reusable-content/offers/device-dollars.html#:~:text=Device%20Dollars%20can%2...

There have been numerous posting here on this topic when the process failed.  I would appreciate your comments on how the process works when purchasing a new phone for an existing Verizon Wireless customer.

I am planning to purchase a new phone as there are many discounts offered prior to Christmas.  In addition, I have these device dollars.  I visited a BestBuy store about purchasing a phone, and cell phone sale representative had no idea what they were, how they work, or what they should do.  For that matter neither did I.  I called Verizon sales and they told me that the device dollars are subtracted from the price at the store but the rules say otherwise. 

• Does the store (BestBuy, Costco, etc) access my account and apply the device dollars at the point of sale: to the purchase price?
  • Does the store notify Verizon Wireless that a credit will be applied?
  • Do I need to give the store a code that I acquired using the Verizon app?

None of this is clear.  To put it briefly, who does what to use Device Dollars?

0 Likes
Re: How to Use Verizon Device Dollars at an Authorized Retailer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us. That is a great question, we are showing that some indirect retail location will be able to redeem the device dollars however, Verizon Dollars are not accepted at Costco and WA-Military locations. we hope this helps. - Albert_vzw

0 Likes