Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to access Disney Bundle?
jared1111

When I signed up (with a Disney Bundle promotion), I was auto-enrolled in The Disney Bundle. When I navigate to the app/addon page for The Disney Bundle, it says I'm enrolled and ready to stream... but how do I stream? What account do I use? How do I set it up?

On the addon page on the My Verizon web site, there's a reference number displayed, but when I contacted Disney+ support, they didn't seem to have any idea what the number might be for and said I should contact Verizon.

I tried using the email associated with my Verizon account at Disney+, but that doesn't have any active subscription and just prompts me to buy a/another subscription.

I've gone through the Verizon instructions, and they all seem to assume that I'm enrolling myself--but I've already been automatically enrolled, so there is no way for me to provide an email address. I also can't un-enroll within the first 7 days, according to the addon page.

The Verizon Disney Bundle FAQ just seems to link back to the instructions, which don't seem relevant.

I haven't figured out how to get through to a live support person (the automated assistant keeps crashing and/or pointing me back to articles I've already read--by the way, some of the links are broken!), so I'm posting here.

Any ideas? Has this promotion worked for any other new home internet customers? How did you get it to work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How to access Disney Bundle?
jared1111

Chatted with support one last time today. They suggested canceling and re-adding Disney Bundle. After I canceled it, when I went to re-add it, it said it would be $14/month (instead of the $0/month for 6 months it showed when I was enrolled). I did not re-add Disney Bundle because I didn't want there to be any chance that I got charged for it (although the support agent assured me I wouldn't be charged).

Anyway, I'm fed up with this and am just canceling my service and returning the equipment. This isn't worth my time.

View solution in original post

jared1111

Someone had the same problem as me in this thread: https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/The-Disney-Bundle-access/td-p/1236317

Unfortunately, the resolution there seemed to be that another user had already signed up for Disney+ (something that definitely didn't happen here, since I'm the only person on the account).

However, someone else in that thread reported that Disney+ was able to use Verizon's reference number to look up account info. That's surprising, because when I contacted Disney+ support, they didn't seem to know what to do with the reference number I provided (and, by the way, I had to insert spaces into the number to prevent Disney+ from interpreting it as a credit card number--which gets automatically deleted from the chat messages).

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Look at number 3 here.  I used the apo and I am pretty sure it worked that way. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/disney-faqs/#signup-app

0 Likes
jared1111

Unfortunately, those instructions don't help because I'm already enrolled and I can't cancel within the first 7 days (and I assume I'd lose the promotion if I did cancel).

0 Likes
jared1111

I was able to chat with a Verizon agent who said that Disney support should be able to look up my account using the reference number on the addon page.

I got a hold of Disney support, and they looked up my reference number but couldn't find an active subscription. The Disney support agent mentioned that they'd been getting a lot of support requests about this, and that it appeared to be an issue on Verizon's side (where Verizon thought it had setup the subscriptions, but they weren't actually getting setup).

I went back to Verizon support, but unfortunately I ran out of time and had to end the chat before the Verizon agent could suggest next steps.

So for now, this sounds like some sort of issue with Verizon not properly setting up the Disney account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jared1111, we are sorry to hear about the troubles you have encountered with accessing the Disney+ Bundle. You would have needed to enroll in this subscription as we do not automatically enroll customers. What happens when you try to sign in with your email https://www.disneyplus.com/login? have you received any email confirmation through Verizon/Disney with setup instructions?   -Sylvia

0 Likes
jared1111

Thanks. This is a brand new account, as I'm a new customer. I definitely did not add any addons myself, because I didn't even know they existed until a few hours ago (when I tried to figure out how to test out my Disney Bundle promotion).

When I attempt to sign in with my email on the Disney site, it prompts me to create a new account, and then enter payment info to pay for a subscription. But I should already have a subscription via this Verizon addon, correct?

I have not received any email confirmation from Verizon, other than my order confirmation that says "Disney Bundle 6 Month Promotion: $0.00". I don't have any instructions. The only mail I have from Disney is when I created a (new) account associated with my email (as noted above), but that one is not associated with any Verizon promotional subscription (as confirmed by Disney support, when they looked up both my reference number and my email and found no active subscriptions).

Edit to add: note that I'm aware of the sign-up instructions, but as noted above, they don't help me because I'm already enrolled (as evidenced by the addon page saying that I'm "ready to stream" (ha), and the displayed reference number.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Ok know nothing about being auto enrolled so hopefully you get it sorted.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Wait what do you mean the add on page says ready to stream?  When I go to add ons in the app mine don't say that, they say accout enrolled.  When you log in and check the add ons what does it say?  As stated Verizon does not auto enroll you in anything you have to click add on for each service you want.  How did you get auto enrolled without signing up your self?

0 Likes
jared1111

I got a flyer that said to go to verizon.com/ltehomeinternet, and (not 100% sure, because the offer isn't live anymore), I either selected or it was pre-selected to add the Disney Bundle. Note: This was before I had created a Verizon account!

I got a confirmation email saying that I'd ordered "LTE Home" and "Disney Bundle 6 Month Promotion". Note: I still didn't have a Verizon account yet.

Next, I got an email inviting me to create my Verizon account, which I did. Then there was shipping info. A few days later, the device arrived and I set it up, and I was able to use the internet fine.

Finally, the next day, I wanted to see how to set up Disney+, so I logged into my account, and (after a lot of looking around), I found the addons section. Undre the Disney bundle, it says "Monthly pricing: Free; Account Enrolled".

When I click on that, it says "Your promotion for The Disney Bundle with Verizon ends on 12/12/2022", along with a reference number, and "Access your Disney account. Your Disney account has been activated and you're all set to start streaming.". There's a link that says "Go to Disney", but that just takes me to the Disney+ landing page, and I don't have a subscription (see my original post for more details).

Regardless of how I got enrolled, Verizon's site says I'm enrolled, but when I provide the reference number to Disney support, they say that there is no active subscription. They also mentioned that many people were having this problem and that they think the problem is on Verizon's end (something I can't confirm).

0 Likes