Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to determine which phone is locked
JimmyTheExploder

I requested a Number Transfer PIN from Verizon because we're thinking of switching phone companies. Took a screenshot of the PIN info. Only after I'd closed the original screen did I notice a button at the bottom that says "Remove Lock".

I can't find any info on the "Manage Devices" page that would indicate which device is locked. All devices are iPhones, all of which various family members have had for at least a year and were purchased through Verizon.

Wondering how I'm able to determine which devices or devices are locked. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: How to determine which phone is locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@JimmyTheExploder ,

We're sorry to hear that you want to leave, but the lock you are referring to is not related to any of your devices. The carrier lock that is on phones purchased through Verizon would be automatically removed after 60 days of active service. The lock that you are referring to is Number Lock, which prevents unauthorized porting of your phone number, and needs to be removed if you're going to port a line out via Transfer PIN. Please check out this link for more details on Number Lock and Transfer PINs: https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs/

-Russell

0 Likes