Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How to lower bill?
Hannah16

I pay for 2 lines, I currently have start unlimited. Other services I’ve had have negotiated to keep a loyal customer, but I’ve been met with so much resistance, and when I asked to speak to someone higher up, I was met with even more resistance, it’s the same cycle and I’m getting tired of it. Verizon horrid me in with no down payments. I feel I’m paying way too much for what I’m getting. 

0 Likes
Re: How to lower bill?
Hannah16

To add, I think they handled covid poorly for a phone company that makes the most money. They’re not willing to negotiate like other services. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Super User
Super User

@Hannah16 wrote:

To add, I think they handled covid poorly for a phone company that makes the most money. They’re not willing to negotiate like other services. 

How have they handled covid poorly? If you are experiencing hardship, you will not be charged a late fee or have your service terminated thru June 30. It is possible that this date will be extended as it already has been extended once. Of course, you must inform Verizon of your hardship request. Verizon, like any other business, will still collect fees from those who have not experienced any hardship due to covid. https://www.verizon.com/support/covid-19-faqs/

As to negotiating, Verizon does not negotiate the prices it charges for services. I've never heard of other providers doing so, either. Which providers have this policy of negotiating?

If, however, you are not happy with Verizon's lack of negotiating prices, possibly you should go with one of those other services which do negotiate. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hannah16, 

These days, it's always great to ensure you're getting the best discounts and plan pricing. I'm glad you reached out regarding this matter so we can discuss it in more detail. The community member, rcschnoor, hit the nail on the head when it comes to the COVID side of the matter. We've got great measures in place to handle the current epidemic and assist our customers, and he provided the link with further details. 

Now, in terms of your plan, there are additional ways to save. First, I'd recommend signing up for Auto Pay (http://spr.ly/6605GKHqH), since this can save you an additional $10/phone discount if you pay through Auto Pay with paper-free billing. Aside from this, there are qualifying employer discounts that can save you money on the Start Unlimited plan, shown here: http://spr.ly/6606GKHqy under question number two. Let us know how these great options and discounts sound to you. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
ixtasis23
Enthusiast

Enroll in autopay and make sure you have the amount due in your account for 5 days prior to the due date because it will creep up earlier than usual. They offer discounts per line if you enroll in autopay.

0 Likes