Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How to speak to a manager
JOSMAR27

I just upgraded my phone 2 days ago but before I did, I cheated with an online representative. I asked him to break down my bill so I clearly knew what I was getting into. My cart stated that my total monthly would be 61 and some change. I asked the rep if that were correct. He stated yes. Being that I was trading in my iPhone 7+ I would get the iPhone X with up to 50% off. My old phone was going to be credited 339, it would be deducted over a period time of 24 months. Which comes out to like 14/month. The rep then stated that the 61 would be subtracted by 14 and my total bill would come to: 47+ taxes. I thought this was too good to be true! So I asked the rep if he was sure this was my monthly amount twice and he said yes. I said if the bill comes higer would they honor what he is saying, he also said yes. 

So I went forth and did the upgrade. Now, two days later speaking to over 5 people. The rep forgot to add the monthly plan. Which in my mind the plan and phone was shown when looking at my cart. I’ve been telling repreststives that this is due to their workers negligence and they won’t honor it. I was told a supervisor would call me and nothing. Im wanting to speak to a manager to get this settled. I’ve never had an issue with Verizon, they’ve been great but I’m upset at their lack of advocacy for their customer this time.  Can anyone help? What should I do? I was told to take it to a small claims court, and I’m willing. Just need to know what my best options are.

Labels (1)
Re: How to speak to a manager
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Josmar27, 

This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have as a new Verizon Wireless customer. We work hard to provide accurate information at all times. Sorry to hear that this did not happen when placing your order and for the un-returned supervisor callback. Let's get this fixed. I have sent you a direct message, please respond to this message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can take it to small claims court, but not sure what you would expect to get out of it. You will not get the price of $47+tax for your monthly bill.

In small claims court, you POSSIBLY may be able to get a new iPhone 7+ back if you return your iPhone X, however I don't think this would be likely to happen. This would put you in the exact same position as when you were starting out and THEN you can decide what you would like to do at that point.

What plan were you getting? Shared data or unlimited data? When they gave you a price, did you have them break it down for you. Were you able to see that pricing plan on the website?

With your old phone being credited $339, that would bring your new iPhone X to a monthly cost of $27. If you were told a total monthly cost of $47+taxes, that would make your service plan at $20/month. You were right to think that is too good to be true, it is. I'm not sure you can find a plan on Verizon's website for $20/month + taxes.

Have you returned your old phone yet? If not and you are unhappy with the price of your monthly plan, you should keep your old phone and return the iPhone X. Then you are no worse off than when you started.

0 Likes
JOSMAR27

rcschnoor

I had the chat rep break down the price twice. So I know that I wasn't crazy in what I was thinking. I was positive after he assured me the second time. Also, he stated if he was wrong they would honor his words (which I shouldn't have done).

JOSMAR27

vzw_customer_support

I believe I sent a private message to you guys. Just waiting for your response/steps for action.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

JOSMAR27 wrote:

rcschnoor

I had the chat rep break down the price twice. 

How did they break it down, then? All you give is a total price of $61 and then a price of $47 after your trade-in credit. What price did they give you for data? How much data? Did they include the line access fee of $20? These are BOTH parts of a plan's cost and if they didn't give them, then they did not give a complete break down of the price.

0 Likes
JOSMAR27

It was 61.66 then the credited amount of 14 for the Iphone 7 trade in. The 61 was supposed to include the price for the data (which for him to not clearly state that was very deceptive). And the 61 included the access free of $20. If he didn't give them properly, it is HIS fault, for falsifying information and negligent towards conveying vital information.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

So it appears your bill was not broken down for you.

What looks like may have happened was that you were given a quote for the service at $61/month with the $14 credit for your phone applied to THAT amount.

On top of that, you may be getting charged the full monthly amount for your phone, which is NOT a cost of your Verizon service and may not have been included in your quote of $61 for service. Since your $14 credit for your old phone was already deducted from the monthly service bill, your monthly bill would likely be $47($61 service less $14 credit = $47) PLUS the monthly payment for your new iPhone X which would begin at $41.66 bringing your monthly bill up to $89 + taxes for the base model iPhone X.

Out of curiosity, what is your monthly bill now?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

JOSMAR27 wrote:

It was 61.66 then the credited amount of 14 for the Iphone 7 trade in. The 61 was supposed to include the price for the data (which for him to not clearly state that was very deceptive). And the 61 included the access free of $20.

Looking at your monthly cost of $61.66 before your credit, it appears you may be getting an employer discount on your tiered data package. Are you on the current 4 GB/month plan for $50? A 17% employer discount bringing it down to $41.50 and your line access fee of $20 would bring it to $61.50, about your quoted price of $61.66 before the credit for your old phone.

This would be the monthly cost of your SERVICE.

On top of this, you would have to ADD the monthly cost of your new phone on a payment plan.

0 Likes
JOSMAR27

Sure, and I get that now that I have spoken to over 7 people. Several reps have broken this down for me after I had inquired why I wasn't being honored what was told to me. The initial chat rep should have known to do this. Especially because I had asked twice. Also, him telling me that they would honor his words if he was wrong. That is now his fault, not mine. So yes, I get the break down now. But he would have been aware of what he was doing before he committed to what he was communicating. At this point, it is not my fault.