Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I changed my number and now the old owners name displays when I call a landline. Is there any way to change this?
fedupwithu2

I changed my number with Verizon and now whenever I call a landline, that person's caller id lists the old number owners name along with my phone number. I've tried to get Verizo to fix this, using the customer service chat and they were unable to fix it. Any idea how to change this to my name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I changed my number and now the old owners name displays when I call a landline. Is there any way to change this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the inconvenience, we’ll get this figured out. Here's how to update your name:http://www.verizonwireless.com/search/vzwSearch?Ntt=caller%20id%20name&nav=Global&gTab=undefined

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I changed my number and now the old owners name displays when I call a landline. Is there any way to change this?
LENNYEDGE

one clue. check if porting numbers  complete from old and new provider. its possible. i had a number that 5 others has as the same.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the inconvenience, we’ll get this figured out. Here's how to update your name:http://www.verizonwireless.com/search/vzwSearch?Ntt=caller%20id%20name&nav=Global&gTab=undefined

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fedupwithu2

I have already tried this and it didn't work. I don't care if the name displays "wireless caller" or my name, I just don't want it to say the previous number owners name. I'm going to try this again because I read it doesnt always work right away.

0 Likes
fedupwithu2

I've now tried "share name id" twice and my number still showed the last owners name when calling a landline. This is ridiculous that the name can't be changed since it's my number now that I pay for. What else can be done about this???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having what you want to show for land line caller ID is a must, fedupwithu2. We have sent you a Private Message. Please respond to only that message, we certainly want to help you with this issue.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
fedupwithu2

I've replied to the private message sent.

0 Likes
Lieberman01

I have this issue as well. How do I change ownership of my phone number so it shows my name?

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes