Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
I got charged a $5.00 late fee for being a few days late. When does the next late fee get charged?
PeterUnderhill

I get charged a $5.00 late fee for being a few days late on my bill.

There is no grace period.  This policy terrible and the people that run Verizon are greedy wiseguy. They don't care about their customers.

When is the next late fee charged?

I may as well hold off on paying this invoice as long as I can before being messed up again by the wiseguy that run Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: I got charged a $5.00 late fee for being a few days late. When does the next late fee get charged?
Doggo
Novice

$5 is nothing compared to late fees from a credit card company. It happens. Eat the cost or pay on or  before the due date.

Re: I got charged a $5.00 late fee for being a few days late. When does the next late fee get charged?
Piscestg

Pay your car payment late, or your credit card, or your utility bill, or your taxes and you'll be charged a late fee. And most likely a hit on your credit score. It's called responsibility. You're not the victim. If there wasn't a definite due date a lot of people would take advantage of that with the belief that they're owed. 

0 Likes
Re: I got charged a $5.00 late fee for being a
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No one likes paying extra fees including myself, Peter. I would love to help with how this all works.

If we don't get your payment on or before the due date we charge whichever is greater:

• A late fee of up to 1.5 percent per month (18 percent per year) on the unpaid balance
  • A flat $5 per month (if allowed by law in the state of your billing address  

You can view that information here:https://www.verizon.com/support/pay-bill-faqs/ I don't want your service to be interrupted. You do have a grace period of 7 days to pay your bill but you will still get late fee. If you need more time to pay your bill then you need to make a payment arrangement. Do you have any questions regarding this information? https://www.verizon.com/support/promise-to-pay-faqs/#:~:text=Late%20fee%20charges%20are%20charged,%2...).

-Amber

0 Likes
PeterUnderhill

Yeah, a grace period would be nice.  Most companies that care about keeping their customers provide a grace period.

I have zero loyalty to Verizon.

Zero.

0 Likes
PeterUnderhill

Thanks Amber.

Please tell your bosses that I have zero loyalty to Verizon.

0 Likes
PeterUnderhill

I bet you pay a lot of late fees and just chalk that up as being a slave to the companies you buy services from.

0 Likes
PeterUnderhill

I wanted this question answered:

When is the next late fee charged?

I may as well hold off on paying this invoice as long as I can before being messed up again by the wiseguy that run Verizon.

For example, the bill is due on day 1.  You say I have a seven day grace period ( which I don't believe ).

So, I don't pay the bill for 29 days.  Am I only charged the $5 late fee?

I may as well hold off on paying the bill as long as I can before I get shut off and move to another carrier who can mess me as well.

0 Likes
radrob6500

I don't like this policy!!!!  I live in rural Western North Carolina area code 28901 where cell service is terrible.  The best most people in this area can get most of the time is 1 or 2 bars of 4g.  We can drive 30-50 miles in any direction and cell service is great, but not here.  I've complained on many occasions and Verizon does nothing, then on top of that they are going to charge me $5 bucks for being a day late on my bill.  A DAY LATE!  ONE DAY! This is one of the most greedy and penny pinching policies I have ever heard of.  The only problem is that their TERRIBLE service up here is better than any other companies in this area, and I was just told by a Verizon rep that I should be grateful for that. I don't mind paying for goods and services, but a policy to charge a late fee for being ONE DAY LATE is beyond outrageous.  It should be criminal. 

0 Likes
Sage404

My first bill I got charged the 5.00 for paying ON the due date. I didn’t know that you had to pay before. Never seen that before. Learned my lesson. 

0 Likes