Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I got 'upgrade' bait and switched on pixel 5 purchase. About to leave Verizon....
speedbagger

i've got chat transcript of agent guaranteeing at least $350 and a screen cap of my account page showing $440 to upgrade my device to pixel 5 (with no special or additional terms).  order was created via chat agent.

i figured i was going to get the return label with the new phone.   nope.  so then i reached-out to verizon (again chat).  they sent me a link showing my phone was worth and they instructed me to goto a store.

i get to the store and they say my phone is now worth $105.  no one at the store or verizon phone agent can assist.  they're now saying upgrade my plan (more $$$ per month) or return the pixel 5.

if that's the final answer, i'll return the phone and switch carrier.  this is completely unethical behavior that no one at verizon seems to want to acknowledge or make right for a 20+ year customer.

Re: I got 'upgrade' bait and switched on pixel 5 purchase. About to leave Verizon....
9wood

Does seem very questionable may not be worth legal mangle I would return the phone and be done with it

Re: I got 'upgrade' bait and switched on pixel 5 purchase. About to leave Verizon....
speedbagger

pretty much were i'm at......

i can't seem to find anyone at verizon that is interested in making this right or anyone that wants to review the chat transcript to see what i was promised.

every verizon department just wants to throw it over the wall to another department....but they all have the same story and no resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We don't want anyone to feel this way, and would be happy to help! Please respond to the Private Note we just sent to get started!

0 Likes
speedbagger

sorry, i've spent over 2 hours talking to verzion rep's and no one care's about the discount i was told i would receive from the chat agent that wrote the order.

no one want's to review the transcripts and say their hands are ties.  i've got no more time or energy.

i've returned the new phone and am now researching options to leave verizon after 20+ years.

9wood

Been my experience also nobody take any accountability just ignores you and often hang up on you which includes supervisor as well

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Only active promo that's close to that for the Pixel 5 is promo 3 which states up to $400 with a trade-in and select unlimited plans. 

Screenshot_20201115-114927_Edge.jpg

 Are you sure you were bait & switched instead of not reading the details? Verizon is pretty transparent about promos online.

0 Likes
speedbagger

We'll, let's see.....

The agent that wrote my order had my account up and was fully aware of what phone I wanted to trade and which plan I was on.  And I've got the transcripts to show that, along with what they offered me.

Think about it...Verizon has setup this process EXACTLY for bait and switch.  Otherwise why wouldn't the return process be initiated at time of order and discount applied?

They've purposely separated the two to promote this tactic (purchase and return).  Agents push the sale at any cost (or lie) and it's on you to figure out the return process and get your trade in credit.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Speedbagger, we were unsure if you still needed help. If so, please feel free to let us know.

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes