Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have a line that is now showing non-registered. Why?
Jerry43
Re: I have a line that is now showing non-registered. Why?
BadLS1

My wife and daughter's phones both say Non Registered also. Mine says Owner. I also want to know how to "register" their phones and if it's needed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question. Each line can register its own My Verizon account to use online services specific to that number. However, it is not required. If they do not have need of using the online services, then they can just leave them unregistered. As the Account Owner registrant, you'll automatically have full access to the account. We hope this information helps. Let us know if you have any other questions for us.

Faelandaea

Thanks for the answer, but - as the OP asked as well - HOW do you register the device if you DO want to register it?  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

If you would like to register your mobile number with an online My Verizon account, you can use the link below to set up an account:

https://secure.verizon.com/account/register/start

I hope this helps. -Greg

rick_in_springville

I am the owner of an account with four lines total, including mine.  Two of the three other lines are already registered as members.  The remaining line is non-registered.  As the account owner, can I register the non-registered line, or must the user of the non-registered line do it herself?  If I can do it using my owner account, how can I do it without having the phone attached to the non-registered line in my hands (to receive the PIN that gets sent to that line)?

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

When they sign in, they will have to finalize their account. However, if you wish to have them set as an Account Manager, you can prep this for them through your account. By ensuring their email is listed when adding their name as an Account Manager, this will create an account with such access. If you have any trouble with this process, please let us know.

*Robert

0 Likes
pdubay510

Of the 94 users including me, we have asked the same question regarding existing lines on accounts just out of the blue showing “not registered” which restricts the phone user to WiFi only. Verizon automated response bots have NOT given a fix for this. No these are not new phones to a plan. No my daughter on my plan did not change anything. No the user of the affected phone does not want to become the account owner. I’ll ask again…..how do we re-register and existing phone on an existing plan that one day stopped working and now shows “not registered” on my existing plan?