Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have been charged $25 for "payment return fee". What is that?
SuzanneJost

I have been charged $25 for "payment return fee".  What is that?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I have been charged $25 for "payment return fee". What is that?
deloused

That's when a payment on the Verizon account was made (manually or thru auto pay) but was returned from the bank for not having adequate funds to cover the amount with the checking/credit account numbers at that time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused

That's when a payment on the Verizon account was made (manually or thru auto pay) but was returned from the bank for not having adequate funds to cover the amount with the checking/credit account numbers at that time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bauerfamily

I see that this is an old post, but the same thing has happened to me. When I added my account for auto payment, the website would not take my bank info without me putting my check number on the end for some reason. I got the email that payment didnt go through and I contacted support right away and they had to send me a link to put my account into because the website would not take it from my computer without those same check numbers at the end no matter what she had me do. I saw the $25 charge on my bill and contacted right away and they said they couldn't refund because it wasn't their fault. It was not late as I paid it the next day which was still 14 days early and how was I to know that my account wasn't correct when that is all the website would let me enter in order to save the payment option. 15 years of service and never a late payment. Before trying to help me, the agent tried to sell me insurance instead of addressing my issue. Never been more disappointed with customer service, as they just kept saying there was nothing they could do and they understood I was frustrated, but to have a great day. 

KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes