Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm getting spam texts from my own cellphone number now with link to steal info, what is Verizon doing to prevent this
Phxmagi

OK what is going on?!?!  I'm getting spam texts from my own cellphone number now with a link to Hades

Luckily I am smart enough to recognize spam even if it says it is from myself -

This one congratulated me for paying my cell phone bill & said it had a little gift for me, just click on the link.   URGH

Verizon please advise & step up the game in protecting customers from evil

thank you

Re: I'm getting spam texts from my own cellphone number now with link to steal info, what is Verizon doing to prevent this
Scott5337
Novice

This is obviously happening a lot recently, there are many posts and new threads for this. Spammers are always going to find a way to try to get us to click their links and take our personal info. As soon as Verizon puts a fix in place smart Spammers will find a new way. 

0 Likes
Re: I'm getting spam texts from my own cellphone number now with link to steal info, what is Verizon doing to prevent this
acraftylady2
0 Likes
Spam Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how annoying these SPAM messages can be from personal experience, and I am sorry for the inconvenience. Verizon always works hard to prevent SPAM. Do you use our Call Filter? I know it helped me a lot. Here is a helpful link with details: http://spr.ly/6602KvBE2

-Rosie

0 Likes