Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I see someone else's account information when I login
lmboeckl

I switched to a different service provider over a year ago, but needed to log into my old Verizon account to access usage records to contest a credit card charge (I need to prove what date I called a company to cancel a service).  This worked fine a few weeks ago, but when I logged in again to get more information today, I was given full access to someone else's account.  The top menu of the website has my name, but when I download a bill, it has someone else's confidential information.  This person's email, phone number and address are completely different than mine, so I have no idea how it happened, but this is a huge security and privacy problem.  I attempted to report it via live chat, but couldn't get past the automated script, and apparently there is no way to email Verizon to let them know they have a pretty serious problem with their website (and I'm not willing to spend more of my Sunday sitting on hold).  I'm hoping someone who works for Verizon reads this and replies with an EASY way for me to report the information so that the website security can be fixed.

0 Likes
Re: I see someone else's account information when I login
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Imboeckl , 

I'm sorry to hear that you're no longer with us, but thank you for sharing these details. How are you accessing your disconnected account? I ask because a disconnected account should be using this URL: https://login.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/c/fu/loginDisconnectedStart?goto= , but you would only have that access for six months. Having left us over a year ago, you would not have had online account access at this point. That can be confirmed through the last section on this page: https://www.verizon.com/support/my-verizon-faqs/#disconnected . Are you using the disconnected URL, or something else to sign in? 

0 Likes
lmboeckl

I wrote a lengthy response, the received an authentication error when I clicked "Post", so I am testing with a short response before I try again.  It shouldn't be so difficult to report a problem that puts the privacy of other customers at risk.

0 Likes
lmboeckl

Thank goodness for autosave...

Hi, thank you for the quick response.  First, let me say that I WISH I still had Verizon service.  Unfortunately, I moved to one of the few areas of the country where Verizon coverage is poor (in the county where I work, another carrier was given an exclusive contract).  To answer your questions, I literally just googled Verizon Wireless Login - the URL it took me to is https://login.verizonwireless.com/vzauth/UI/Login

I entered my credentials, was prompted with my security question, and was logged in.

I switched services on July 9, 2019.  On July 31, 2020, I downloaded my Verizon billing statements dated Feb, 2019 and later using that link above.

I needed to see if I could get usage history prior to February, so I logged in again today.  I am still able to login with that link, was asked my security question, then saw the following (including the spelling error) here https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/ui/hub/secure/limitedavailability#/)

My Verizon is temporarily unavailable.

Thank you for signing to My Verizon. Some account actions are temporarily unavailable, while we upgrade our systems. We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to serving you more fully the next time you sign in.

The following My Verizon options are still availabale.

When I clicked on "View My Bill", I was redirected to someone else's account.

I was able to click on Support and Live Chat, but now I just get a blank screen when I do.  Based on your note, I won't likely be able to connect with the link for disconnected accounts.  Please note that while I am actually trying to figure out if it is possible to search my usage history for an outgoing call to a specific number, the reason I made this post was out of concern for the privacy and security of the customer whose account information appeared on my screen.  I work in IT and would not put this customer's information at risk, but I do consider this a significant security incident that should be investigated by the appropriate folks at Verizon.
0 Likes
lmboeckl

Just confirming that I can't use the link for disconnected accounts: https://login.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/c/fu/loginDisconnectedStart?goto=

"The information you entered does not match our files."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your honesty and the time you have taken to explain the situation at hand, lmboeckl. It seems we have two tasks to accomplish. One task is to report the facts to our own teams to address the reason you had access to another person’s account information. The other task is to look into options to get you the detailed billing history you need for your account. Since both tasks involve asking about non-public information, we have sent you a Private Note to gather up the details.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
lmboeckl

I tried to reply to the private message from TakendraW_VZW, but got this error:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

0 Likes