Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
I want to cancel, file a complaint, spent over 20 hours on the phone
RO0722

I signed up to Verizon back on July 31st, 2019 at the Verizon store in Carle Place through a representative named Taran. They were running a BOGO iPhone XR promotion and I bought 4 iPhones which qualified for 2 free phones. They didn't have 2 of the phones I wanted at the time, so we ordered them, which I have attached a photo of the receipt. I asked Taran if that's going to be an issue with the promo and he confidently said that it won't be a problem. So I signed up and they said to wait 3 months for the promo to apply and that the first bill will be much more. I was quoted "worst case scenario, $230 after all taxes and fees".  In October, I saw my bill and noticed that only one promo applied so I called the storefront only to have no one pick up. Activation fees was never waived (he wrote it on a piece of paper). I physically went to the store and spoke to Taran again and explained the situation and he made me fill out a form and smiled and said "it's a simple fix, don't worry, I'll take care of it". 2 months passed and what do you know? No credit, no promo and even a higher bill. I called up Verizon customer service and spent about n hour speaking with a representative who said they would credit my account the difference and apply the promo in the future. They saw the issue and said everything would be corrected the next billing cycle, never got it, never applied the promo. Called in again, absolutely livid, (all of this should be in your call log). After spending hours on the phone, again I was told "Don't worry, we'll take care of it". At this point, I was recording all the conversations because of the lack of anything ever being done after they said they would. I was calling almost every two months and finally, I called back the Carle Place branch in July of 2020 and spoke with Taran and he basically laughed at me that I was trying to fight this almost a year later. I called Verizon to disconnect and a representative said that she would fix it by applying the promo and giving me a discount in the future. I said I want the money credited that I overpaid for a year and that wasnt good enough, so she said she would transfer me to disconnect. Ended up transferring me to a phone number on my account.

It will be a year that I have been fighting these overcharges in a week and I have spent over 20 hours of my life on hold and speaking to representatives that tell me they will take care of it and I am fed up. If someone at verizon reviews the call log, you will see. I would upload all the conversations if it was an option. I have been with Verizon for over a decade and I am disgusted at how they take care of longtime customers and I want to cancel NOW!!!!

Re: I want to cancel, file a complaint, spent over 20 hours on the phone
RO0722

Just so everyone knows, Im currently paying $294 per month on 4 lines and have been overpaying for a year.
verizon-quote-scam-carle-place-ny-taran.jpgverizon-order-scam.jpg

0 Likes
Tigerstep

A store rep can write anything on a piece of paper, doesn't make it anymore true. "Waiving" upgrade fees is one of the most common. By "waive" they mean push you into calling customer service in hopes you might get a credit when they aren't supposed to. Typical store trying to push responsibly on someone else.

0 Likes
RO0722

I could have activated the phone myself online for free. They're like used car salesmen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Help is here for you! Your business matters to us and we don't want to lose you. I'm very sorry to hear about this experience. We are eager to assist you! Do you still have active service with us? What was the reason the  promotion was denied? BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
RO0722

Yes, I am still active and once again I called up Verizon yesterday and has some progress for once. A representative is filing an investigation to look into why the promo wasn't applied. However, the only follow up I received is that they are still looking into this and I am doubtful I will receive any further correspondence. On one of the many previous calls, one of your representatives literally told me that the reason why the promo wasn't applied was because a glitch and that there is nothing they could do to fix it (I have this recorded). Who knows, maybe the representative from yesterday is figuring out this same glitch. How can you settle with that?? If you really want to help, the order number is in the photo, I'm sure you can pull up my records from that. And if you want to go the extra mile, pull up my call logs and listen to all the conversations I have had with your representatives and take action so that moving forward, your representatives do not outright lie to customers.

sharitee

Me too. Once they have you, just ignore the calls and no way to get any customer service.  Literally after 2 hours of my time, got hung up on.  Not just once every forgetting it time!  I MADE SURE I ASKED about my monthly services and fees over and over again as I left xfinity to save money.  Now I am paying 100 more than them.  JUST WOW!
My phone was  supposed to be 5.00 a month promotion clearly stated online, which is why I got it, than got the bill and they are charging me 24.99 and 30 more for my service.  Now for the phone and my bill is over 50 dollars more than promised!!! Literally KNEW they were going to do this so I asked and the representative point-blank lied.  and I have called 20x, got hung up on HOURS ON THE PHONE, no one to actually speak to, wait till I get threatened every month and just don't have time and THEY ARE ABUSING US, I work with my phone and cannot allow disconnection.  CROOKS!!!  VERIZON IS messing up ME OVER, IT IS SOOOO MESSED UP.  I am going to sue them.  seriously sick of it.  Calling my lawyer to see how to get some help.  Beyond frustrating as I am dealing with tragic death of nephew, moms heart surgeries, and now has cancer in her JAW and removal, uncle on death bed and arrangement, ft job and having to deal with Verizon is an absolute NIGHTMARE- THE WORST.  ON hold as I am typing this 45 minutes later.  LIVID

sharitee

garbage YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND SCAM, AND LIE AND ARE UNREACHABLE AND OR HANG UP ON CUSTOMERS AFTER HOURS OF EXPLAINING AND ON HOLD.  MADNESS!!! I THINK THE ONLY WAY IS TO MAKE SURE I BLOW UP THE INTERNET WITH COUNTLESS MORE HOURS WASTED AND REPOST HORRIBLE REVIEWS OF THE EVIL BUSINESS YOU DO! NO YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY NOT AVAILABLE - SICK OF IT.  INFURIATING IN FACT

0 Likes
9wood

They treat customers as garbage will laugh at you as they hang up refuse to do anything and ignore any complaints I literally had one rep say and I quote who are you unquote when I asked for help had another call me a expletive to a supervisor same supervisor who would laugh at me as he hung up on me when I asked about that and others be a book if put them here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're truly disappointed to learn of your experience, sharitee. It's important your account reflects the pricing and promotions you have signed up for. We'd like to apologize that you have had a hard time reaching us by phone. You mentioned you were on the phone while sending this message. Were you able to speak with us? Were your concerns addressed? If not, we can further assist you here. 

0 Likes