Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
I want to upgrade my phone, please help me find a plan.
coridesi

I've had this phone and plan for 5 years now and I want to upgrade so I'm not as behind in college. I have an iPhone 4, with a 30/mo Verizon prepaid talk/text (NO DATA) plan.

How can I upgrade to the 5 or 6? (I don't need a 7 or one of the plus models)

If I can't upgrade. Is it possible to find a cheaper plan with unlimited talk and text that uses Verizon's towers? Thank you. I tried to google it but most offers either expired or require me to trade my phone in, which is only worth $5 at most.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I want to upgrade my phone, please help me find a plan.
coridesi

I switched to Redpocket for 10.19/mo since my Verizon plan doesn't offer data anyway. I'm saving $20/mo or $267.72/yr! Goodbye grandfather'd plan, its been nice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

With the prepaid plans, you need to purchase your "new" phone at the full retail price or a used phone from Swappa or another third party retailer. Then you will need to activate it on your plan/account. The prepaid customer service might require you to change your plan as the $30 no data prepaid smartphone plan is no longer available for customers. I think you should be able to keep it since you already have it is grandfathered on your account. Switching phones might trigger a change to the plan though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
coridesi

I switched to Redpocket for 10.19/mo since my Verizon plan doesn't offer data anyway. I'm saving $20/mo or $267.72/yr! Goodbye grandfather'd plan, its been nice.

0 Likes