Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I was cheated by the Verizon Trade-In department, were you?
ravenousnola

I sent in a black 32gb iPhone 7 in perfect working order  (trade-in value $350) and got an email saying that what they received was a silver 16gb iPhone SE and that they were only crediting me $10. This is complete garbage. I know what I sent in and it's the same phone I bought from Sprint 2 years ago, a black 32gb iPhone 7. I've never owned and iPhone SE. Someone in the trade-in department is switching phones and probably profiting from it, either that or it company policy to steal from their customers

Re: I was cheated by the Verizon Trade-In department, were you?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, being on top of your phone trade-in is vital, especially if you feel there was a mistake in the processing or quoting, we want to guide you in the right direction. Feel free to contact our Device Trade-In team at (800) 416-8894 for further support. For more details check out our FAQ page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
jasek

I had the same thing happen, went from 800$ to 42$. I didn't even get an email saying the price had changed.  I Definitely wouldn't recommend this program.

crice1988

Yup!!!! Traded in my iPhone for the new one and they never applied the promotion. Instead of getting $699 they gave me $250. Thanks Verizon, very happy customer right here!

0 Likes
mcssport

I will never trade in a phone with Verizon again and will probably move to another carrier after my contract is up. I have 5 devices on my account and have been with Verizon for years. I attempted to upgraded my Iphone 6S to a 12mini online back in December of 2020 during the $5/mo upgrade promotion. This turned into a debacle with Verizon that I won't get into here because this isn't my issue now. I ended up calling in and successfully upgraded my phone at the promotional rate in early January. They sent me a box to return my 6S and I sent it back as soon as I received and activated my new phone. I even received an email from Verizon that the carrier (UPS) had my device. All good, or so I thought. When I upgraded they told me it would take 3 billing cycles to receive the credit, no problem I thought. After 6 months, still no credit or even a notification that they received my device so I called them this morning to find out what was going on. The representative could not find the UPS tracking number that came with the box THEY sent me to ship it back. I had it so I gave it to her. She was able to look it up and said that the "Warehouse" did receive the box but there was a "Disney figure" in it!!!! What, talk about a surprise, I have nothing Disney in my house!!!! The Verizon representative asked if I had insurance added to the shipment. I said Verizon sent me the box with the shipping label so I asked her if there was any insurance included and she said no! She then tells me to file a claim with UPS! Really, after 6 months? And what exactly do I use as my reason/proof to file such a claim? If I would have been notified of the issue when the "Warehouse" received the box I could have acted on it within days instead of months. The 6S I sent back was in perfect working order, it was time to upgrade it during a good promotion. Instead, someone "Stole" my 6S, I lose the $579.99 trade-in credit and I'm stuck with a device payment of $31.24 for 2 years. I don't know who's to blame for this, UPS or Verizon. All I know is I'm the one that got hosed! I'm 50 years old and have no reason, or desire, to try and scam Verizon by sending a "Disney figure" instead of my phone, who would do that? Beware folks!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jasek, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you are receiving the correct promotional credit that you qualified for is important. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
mlverrilli

Yup, similar issue. They can't be trusted.

mlverrilli

That $5 upgrade promotion was pure garbage. I'm also stuck with a $31/mo credit because apparently when I called and accepted it, it was put in wrong and it's my fault that I didn't read every word of their bloated contract and missed that it was the wrong trade-in. And since it's so many months later, there's nothing they can do to go back and fix it.

kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes