Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
I was overcharged $300 & In the Deferred Program Without Consent
cslobodzian87
Enthusiast

I was overcharged by over $200, and put in the deferred program.  Over the course of 11 months with a $92 a month plan and a $40 a month payment (only till August when I paid off my phone), I was charged $1659.38, gradually.  Do the math...

92.00+40.00+3.00 (including an occaisional app purchase) with a Auto Pay and paperless discount=roughly 130.00/month including taxes.

130x8=1040.00+93x3=$1,325.00 and I have a balance of $78.00 for the deferred plan, which I didn't ask for.

Verizon, would you like to discuss this?  Because it's absolutely horrid.  How there isn't a lawsuit for people who just got automatically put into the deferred program, they say they didn't charge for July, but I paid my bill in July, as shown on my account....so ticked.

Re: I was overcharged $300 & In the Deferred Program Without Consent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can certainly take a look into your bill and see whats going on. If you were put in the deferral program then I can assure you that we didn't take a payment around June and July. The only customers that were put into the deferral program were people who took advantage of our stay connected program during quarantine. We sent out text messages to all of our customers asking if they needed financial assistance and if they would like to take advantage of no late fees during this time. Any customer that said yes, and indicated they needed financial assistance were put into the deferral program. We will be sending you a Private Note so that we can review your bill together. 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
cslobodzian87
Enthusiast

No, you didn't but I paid my bill as normal, so I ended up paying in July and June...you guys have to be more on top of this.  Had I not paid off my device, I might never have noticed it.  Frankly, its pretty sneaky and non-transparent to not go through this program in detail.  I never clicked any button signing up for this program.  Judging from the tax associated with it alone, as someone who's worked for the government, and seen how things go, I would be surprised if Verizon doesn't get hit up with a class action lawsuit.  Had a tax not been included or these billing mistakes, which I have seen so many of on here, you wouldn't be exerting your customer service staff like this.

Point being, it doesn't add up, at all, and when I tried to chat with someone, it said my account is in collections, which it CERTAINLY is not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly understand your concern with the information you've received on the program, and we do want to ensure things are in order with your account. Please send us a Private Message to get started. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes