Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I was rebate scammed by verizon
crysoberil

Last October (that's 2020), I got a new iPhone 12 pro with Verizon, ported my number from another carrier and traded in my Galaxy S10E. It was supposed to receive a $800 discount. It was supposed to be $550 for trading in my phone, and $250 gift card for porting in my number. However, after 10 months and 20+ calls to verizon customer care service later, I still have not managed to receive either of the rebates.

Every single time I speak with a customer care manager, they tell me they are submitting some internal form to fix this issue, and it literally never gets resolved. The next time I speak with another representative, they say that they are not sure why it did not get approved and they resubmit it, and nothing happens. I spoke with some supervisors as well and still that did not do anything. So, effectively they lied to me about the $800 discount and stole my Samsung Galaxy S10E.

I get literally depressed thinking about verizon and hours and hours (certainly 30+ hours over these 10 months) I spent I spent with the customer care people without resolution. I even made a formal written complaint to verizon headquarter 3-5 months ago. Not only they not try to resolve my issue, they did not even have the courtesy to reach out to me. What are my options now? Any way I can get back my Galaxy phone? Or did they literally robbed that from me and got away with it for good?

Tags (3)
Re: I was rebate scammed by verizon
HouseofCortez

I have the same situation the just totally cheated me out of a promotion for the Z Fold.  Don't ever trust any Verizon promotion they never honor it and the customer service is the worst in the industry when it comes to getting it fixed properly they will literally give you the wrong number.