Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I was told I would get a $579 credit for trading my older iphone in. I got $38 SCAMMED
SILLYCYBERFUNGUY

Here is a photo of my phone.    It was in excellent condition when I shipped it.   I am out $500 dollars.   Long time Verizon customer.   Now moving on.

359180071533340_D2_03062021033239.jpg

Re: I was told I would get a $579 credit for trading my older iphone in. I got $38 SCAMMED
Piscestg

This very story is told so many times in this forum. They quote high trade-ins but it either gets lost or they drop the promised price. I have been buying my phones from Apple. They pay the trade-in price that they quote. And they credit my card in about a week. And no games about it!

Apple may quote $300 or $400 while Verizon says $800. But once they get the sale, guess what??? Your phone is damaged or it got lost. 

Re: I was told I would get a $579 credit for trading my older iphone in. I got $38 SCAMMED
SILLYCYBERFUNGUY

Thanks for that info.    I am so angry off right now.   Looking at other plans to switch to.

jerrythecowboy

This exact same thing just happened to me. was told my iPhone 8(worked fine, zero cracks) was worth $569 so I went ahead and bought a new $1000 phone. they gave me $43 lolololol. 100% A SCAM 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry for the situation and we want to help you stay! Please send us a Private Note and we can discuss the matter further. -Yale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I regret the inconvenience this has caused.  We would love an opportunity to take a closer look at the pictures of the shipping box as it was received at the warehouse.  -Yale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jerrythecowboy,

Congrats on your new phone and we always want your promotions to be accurate. We can help here. Did the email state the reason why you did not receive the original amount quoted? -Pamela

0 Likes
Alsoscrewedbyverizon

They also messed up me. Over $700 credit. Dropped to $0. No explanation, was told by multiple reps I would be receiving the full amount. Was told I would be paid lump sum for months that were not already paid. 

Absolutely criminal. I’m posting this on their page because I know it is public. I don’t want people to make the same mistake. 

When I called their trade-in line, it puts you on indefinite hold. There is no one there. It’s a scam. Verizon is legitimately scamming their own customers.

0 Likes
Sinic80

Thank you all for these posts, I had a trade in for two iphones, a 6s and an SE both upgraded to Iphone12 minis, quoted at 579.99 and just got an email they both are valued at 0.00 now.  Thankfully I'm within the 30 day return window. I'll be returning both phones tomorrow and switching to xfinity mobile, cheaper price and on verizon service lines too.  I don't trust them after hearing what others here have said over the past few days and think moving on is probably best.  All I've lost at this point is a $50 restock fee per phone which isn't too much considering.  Best of luck to the rest of you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We never want anyone to feel that they are being scammed, as consumers ourselves, we want business to honor their promotions too.  Please allow us to look into this to provide clarity on the issue.  Can you please send us a Private Message? 

*Lisa

0 Likes