Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
If I cancel my wireless service, can I still pay for the phones under the monthly installment plan?
gareyw32

I'm paying for 3 phones using the 2yr installment agreement.  Over a year of payments remain.  If I cancel my wireless service, can I still pay for the phones under the monthly installment plan?

By getting unlimited service through another carrier, I can save a substantial amount.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: 2yr Device Agreement - Payment Plan
Ann154
Expert
Expert

No, the remaining balance of the device payment agreement is due when you cancel the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert
Expert

No, the remaining balance of the device payment agreement is due when you cancel the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We regret learning that you’re considering leaving us,gareyw32 . As Ann154 pointed out, if you did leave the remaining balance for each device on your final bill. Let’s earn your continued business. What’s got you considering leaving?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gareyw32

With a college and high school son on the account, I need more data!  We run out EVERY month!  I currently pay $109/mo for 10GB.  For 3 lines, Xfinity offers unlimited data for $135/mo.  Verizon's price for unlimited (using current promotion) would be $160/mo for the three lines.  That's $300/YR more than Xfinity.  Additionally, I was informed that the Xfinity signal will compare with Verizon because they use the same signal towers.

I've been a faithful Verizon customer for years, but the high costs are causing headaches.  If Verizon is able to match the $135/mo for unlimited service, then you've earned a continued faithful customer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Verizon doesn't price match. You should go with the provider which best meets your needs. If that is Xfinity, you should go with them.

Of course, to get Xfinity Mobile, you must ALSO have Xfinity broadband service in your home. Do you have that?

0 Likes
gareyw32

Good advice.   Appears that Verizon doesn't really care much about earning my continued business.  Silly me... I really thought that it was not too much to ask that Verizon issue a $25 credit for the next 24 months to such a loyal customer.

Yes, I have Xfinity broadband.   Have been a customer of theirs for as long as I've been a customer of Verizon. 15+ years.  Loyalty.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

gareyw32, we definitely care about you and we don't want to lose you as our customer. Teenagers definitely use a lot of data and we understand the need to keep your cost low. Every penny counts, right? We've sent you a Private Message so we can help review your account together. Please check your inbox and send us a response at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
healthalain

been with you over 20 years.  bought upgrade phone and paid in full, yet you wanted me to extend the agreement for 24 months with the allowance of wow$4.17 per month in addition, that was told that it would be automatically removed each month

well you charged me each month with no credit.   I am livid.   I demand a refund asap

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes