Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
If numbers blocked through Verizon and iPhone attempt to call or text, will the call/text show up on the Verizon messaging app or in the usage report?
lizla14

Hello,

I blocked two phone numbers through my iPhone and through Verizon. I want to make sure I’m not able to see if the blocked person attempts to contact me. Would an attempted text/call show up on the usage report or within the Verizon messaging app? I know it a person is only blocked through iPhone, the number will show up on usage and within the Verizon messaging app. I want to know if the numbers are also blocked through Verizon, if they will show up on usage and the other app. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: If numbers blocked through Verizon and
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lizla14-

Those are great questions! The number would show on your usage report if you answer the call. So if the number is blocked through the iPhone settings or My Verizon, either way, it will not show on your usage details. Only incoming/outgoing answered calls are reported and will show on your account. Let me know if this information helps.

-Angie

0 Likes
lizla14

Thank you! What about text messages? I know when I only blocked through iPhone, the messages would show on usuals and Verizon messages…since I have also blocked through Verizon, would messages not show on the usage report because the number is blocked on Verizon and can’t be delivered? Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lizla14,

It's important to be sure. You've got it right there. If it is blocked through us that text won't be delivered and thus won't show up on usage reports.

-Andrew

0 Likes