Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In Store Pick Up Disappointment
DrPeppercorn

Yesterday I ordered a phone on-line and opted to do the in store pick up because the website noted that I could have my phone within two hours.  I walked into the store and the customer service representative went to the back and got my phone.  He tried for nearly 20 minutes to get the phone processed out of the system and could not.  Even though the phone was available and literally on the counter in front of me, I could not check out with it.  I was told that a system error would not let them release the phone to me and that I could come back in 72 hours!  The whole incident was baffling.

I returned home and got on the chat line to see what could be done.  This seemed like something that could easily be resolved as it was not like the phone wasn't in the store or the transaction on my end had not been processed.  Everything was done correctly, so I imagined a resolution could come sooner than 72 hours.  The chat customer service representative could offer no relief and suggested I call Customer Care - so I did.  The Customer Care rep couldn't help either and told me he was going to investigate the matter further and call me back.  He never called back and I start the day wondering if this is a sign that I should finally transition to another cell service provider.  The main reason I've stayed with Verizon all these years paying the highest premiums in the marketplace is that for the most part, service has been legitimate.

This is my last attempt to get this situation rectified.  I've done everything the right way.  I didn't take to Twitter bashing the company.  I just want the phone that I ordered and that is in stock in the store.  Help.

0 Likes