Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Incompetent Customer Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! My name is Michelle, and I opened a new account with Verizon on August. Initially, I wanted to buy a new phone and open my account online because Verizon was offering a $100 promotion through its "CELEBRATE" sale. However, the purchase would not go through online because the system was not working and kept saying "error".

At this point, I contacted customer service by chatting with an online representative, and he/she said the only option was for me to go to the store and they would honor the $100 discount.

However, when I went to the store to purchase the phone, the sales representative named Ivan told me that he would not be able to give me the discount outright, since the purchase was being made in store and not online, and we would have to pay full price. However, he said that he could guarantee us the discount through credit instead by submitting a separate, internal form to Verizon's management. He even said he would call us with an update once the form went through, and he left me with his phone number. At that point, we were considering choosing a different service provider but decided to go with Verizon because Ivan guaranteed us the discount, which gave us the greatest deal.

However, Ivan never gave me an update on the situation, and I never receive the $100 credit that was promised. I also tried calling Ivan using the number he provided, but the operator stated that the number did not exist. When I returned to the store, the workers there said that Ivan had been transferred.

I have been trying to get in contact with Customer Support because they said that there is nothing they can do in-store. However, the wait times on the phone are unacceptable and awful, completely wasting my time. Verizon promises to provide its customers with top tier customer support, but I have not seen that yet. Is there a way for Verizon to still resolve my issue? 

0 Likes