Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Incorrect Information about promotion deal AND No trade in Kit and shipping label arrived
imziyoon

1. I chatted over the Verizon website with the agent named "Kambree" to upgrade my husband's and my phones. She talks about BOGO deal, WITHOUT giving me a correct information that I have to create a NEW phone line to qualify for BOGO. Without knowing this, I accepted it and I realize that a completely new line is created under our account

2. I called Verizon to cancel the order. They said the order is cancelled.

3. However, the order was not cancelled at all. And we received the new iphones. I called them again. They said they will activate two new phones under our two existing lines (my line and my husband's line) without creating a new line. Instead, they say we need to trade in our old phones. We did not go through the trade-in process online but the agent whose name is "Denise" said "no need to do that. the trade in kits will be arriving by March 18, 2021"

4.We did not receive the trade in kit and called the verizon customer center. They have no records of our trade-in at all. We already got our new phones and activated them. And now another surprise "In order for the trade-in value of your old phones  to offset the price of your new phones, you need to change to unlimited plan!" why? Another surprise. Lots of hidden conditions and terms that I was NEVER EVER informed about.

5. Okay fine. they changed our plan to unlimited because they said "it is cheaper than what you currently have."  Still waiting for the trade in kit to arrive. If the Verizon does not send the trade in kit and for any reason charge us for these new phones, or for new line that they created without our consent, I will do any and everything to sue you.

0 Likes
Re: Incorrect Information about promotion deal AND No trade in Kit and shipping label arrived
imziyoon

Any resovement from VERIZON on this ???????

0 Likes
Re: Incorrect Information about promotion deal AND No trade in Kit and shipping label arrived
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, being on top of your promotion is vital, especially if you are not getting it. We are here to aid you in the best way possible. We sent you a Private Note.

0 Likes
imziyoon

The link that you sent me in the private message does not work. Please send me another one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry to hear that the link did not work, imziyoon! I have sent you a Private Message. 

0 Likes
imziyoon

I still did not get the correct link from Verizon. And the issue is NOT resolved yet.

Please message me with your answer.

0 Likes
imziyoon

Now we successfully shipped our old phones to qualify for the promotion that we get free iPhone 12 minis by trading-in our iphone 7s. The value of our traded in phones is supposed to offset the price of iPhone 12 minis.  But again on the phone call, the agent said we need to upgrade our plan to ANY unlimited plans,  in order to qualify for this trade-in deal, and she assures that this unlimited basic planis much cheaper than our current plan of 8GB monthly. So we changed our plan accordingly.

Now the old phones look arrived at the Verizon, but still we don't see the credits applied toward our new iPhone 12 minis. But we were charged with monthly payment of $29 for new iPhones PLUS higher charge of Basic unlimited plan for $30 for each line (it used to be $20 for 8gb plan). Further, a new line created by Verizon's mistake is STILL there, waiting to be activated, with its own monthly payment to be billed.

And now the agent says we need to upgrade to unlimited PREMIUM, not unlimited BASIC.

This is a complete mess with all the miscommunications and confusion, with absolutely no documentations or records of previous corresponence kept between Verizon reps. It took me more than 10+ hours for phone calls, communications, chats since March to resolve this issue.

I Need VERIZON to RESOLVE this ISSUE ASAP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm so sorry to learn about any delay with your promotion and trade-in. I can definitely help you. I will send a Private Note, too, and we can get to the bottom of this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are definitely eager to help you. Please respond to the Private Note we sent you, and we can continue. 

0 Likes