Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Incorrectly Reported to Collections
hsharper

Last week I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon and 4 different reps...ending in the 4th rep literally hanging up on me. In May 2019 a phone line was severed from my account and was supposed to have their own completely separate account. In January, I received a notice that a negative item had hit TransUnion from Verizon. Now, I am on auto-pay since February of 2019, so Verizon automatically takes their money....but the person who severed the account did not remove my social security number from the new account, and that person did not pay a bill. So here I am sitting with an $87 hit to my credit report, spent hours on the phone with Verizon, sent a very lengthy & detailed email with no response, and received a 2nd notice from TransUnion that the charge was verified by Verizon. 

The address on that account is not my address, as I have not moved in over 15 years, and Verizon is still claiming its my charge, even though the name and address do not match mine. I am extremely frustrated that Verizon has no respect for a long time customer, probably close to 20 years, who did the right thing by severing the line, but their own employee did not complete the separation correctly. I cannot get connected to the correct person to speak to. My emails go unanswered. Does anyone out here have the information that I need? I have disputed this will credit bureaus, but Verizon is continuing to claim this is an accurate charge, when it MOST DEFINITELY is not.

0 Likes
Re: Incorrectly Reported to Collections
Tigerstep

There's no "separating an SSN" from an account in your name. If someone tried to create a new account with your SSN, it would be flagged since you have one in your name already.

Sounds like an account wasn't properly created from an existing line and instead a subaccount was created. If it's been long enough, it'd have been sold to a collection agency. Once that happens, nothing Verizon is able to do. That would have to be disputed through whichever agency owns it.

0 Likes
Re: Incorrectly Reported to Collections
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi hsharper, 

I regret to learn about any inconvenience surrounding a negative item hitting your credit. It's imperative to have all the details with something of this nature, so I am eager to assist you. To clarify, we have a team that can review the details for you. Please call them directly at 800-852-1922. Their hours of operation are Mon-Fri, 7:00AM - 7:00PM Central Time. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes