I used the *611 tool to add international calling to my plan. It was super easy but I've been financially assaulted with charges. Here's how things transpired:
1) Dialed *611 and stepped through the options, some via key strokes and verbal direction, ultimately I added international calling to my plan.
a. At no point in this process was I prompted by the automated system of my potential charges; I was not advised of them via email or text either. I thought that was strange but, unfortunately, moved on with my day without follow-up.
3) Approximately 1 week later I called my friend in Australia and spoke approximately 60 minutes.
4) Bill arrives: $237.55. It's normally $74.51. A 218% increase!
5) Called customer service (spoke with Anthony) on 3/17/15. Was advised that I was charged $2.50/minute for my international call plus taxes!!
6) 3/20/15 Anthony called me back, as he was granted approval to provide me with a $30 credit. Anthony provided excellent service and support by demonstrating kindness, listening and follow-thru, and I say this NOT because I was provided a credit, but because he truly was pleasant to work with.
My grievance is in regards to what I feel are deceptive practices: no confirmation of charges upon adding international calling via *611, nor was a confirmation email or text sent to my attention. Why? Can this be improved?
My requests: more thorough advisement to your international calling customers when making the *611 tool as accessible as it is. Sure, I like ease and keeping it simple, but I don't like the lack of communication that I was provided and the outrageous charge. On behalf of myself, current and future customers, I ask that you review this particular feature within the *611 tool.
I've taken my lessons from this process and I ask that you consider my circumstance so to improve the customer service experience.
Solved! Go to Correct Answer