Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
International Charges
STEVE-KELSH3

My most recent bill has charges for international calls.  I was never informed I was making an international call.  How do I get the charges removed?

Labels (1)
Re: International Charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Steve-kelsh3 we want all your bill charges to make sense. I'm here to help. With international services, some countries do have a dialing pattern similar to what we use. Do you know what country was called? Will you be calling this country in the future?

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

HELGIZ23

For the past 6 months, one of our verizon wireless lines has been charged international outgoing calls.

I have explained to verizon multiple times, that the line is using a calling card based in the US (a US number) and that the call log of the device (which is never touched) does not show these outgoing direct international calls.

in the past there used to be no way for someone to make a direct international call from a verizon wireless phone, at least this was not possible on our lines. it seems in recent times that has changed and the representative said there is no way to turn that 'feature' off.

we are basically being told the verizon bill log never lies. we have - to date - been charged $ 300 for such calls which were not made directly from the phone to an international number.

we have thus decided to leave verizon as of tomorrow, because we felt cornered into paying the bills because verizon does not see a problem with what's going on.

i would be very happy to share this experience across the web and publicize this issue with any online news or tech outlets willing to publish it, so that other's can see how stingy verizon has become.

0 Likes
deloused

What model of device is having the issue and in what area Is the phone receiving the charges located in? Is it being billed for international roaming, long distance charges, or both? What is the area code of the US calling card number being dialed that shows in the call log?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

HELGIZ23,

We'd never want to see you leave us. We understand that being billed correctly for your calls is important. Typically, the only way you'd see international long distance charges dispalyed on your bill is if you're actually dialing an international based number. So that we can perform an account review, we've sent you a Private Message in order to collect additional information. Please check your inbox and respond there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LH153

I am having this same issue today and Verizon is taking zero responsibility for their technical mistake. Essentially, what happened was that I am made an outgoing call to a US mobile number - my colleague that I have called multiple times before over the past 1-2 years - and Verizon somehow glitched and categorized it as an International call. I have the call logs on the phone where you can clearly see the outgoing call is to my colleague and the numbers are the same but for some reason their system formatted it so that it looks like a an international number - and they have even said it was a landline! 

Their chat agent was no help and kept saying that it was my fault but it is not! They were not interested in troubleshooting only pointing fingers and shirking off responsibility. I have clear proof of this -- you can clearly see in prior billing history the same exact number as being a US mobile number! I also have matching call logs outgoing from the phone that show the US number! We should not be paying over $100 for their mistake on the backend. It looks like elsewhere on the internet some other people have had similar problems, and it was the network and how they logged things.

I am talking with the other people on the account and we are so over all these fights with Verizon over the past 10-15 years. We will begin looking at other options if this does not get straightened out and see where we can report this.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes