Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
International call price gouging
EZKL967

Has anyone else had this experience with Verizon? I called an international, toll-free conference line. With no warning, I was charged $2.50 / minute for the calls, plus an almost 30% "Fed Universal Service Charge" on top.

Customer service refused to remove the charge.

Has anyone had success removing these types of charges from their accounts, or do I have to switch phone carriers to avoid this offensive price gouging (in the middle of a pandemic, no less)?

0 Likes
Re: International call price gouging
Tigerstep

You called internationally and were expecting it to be free?

0 Likes
EZKL967

I called a conference line suggested by a Verizon-provided device (iPhone calendar) to handle a domestic conference call that was billed by Verizon as an "Australian landline" at egregious rates with no warning whatsoever.

Don't you have better things to do than troll a Verizon forum for people looking for legitimate answers / help? I know we're in pandemic and you probably lost your job, but jeez...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No one likes surprises on the bill, EZKL967, especially when they are noticeably large. We would like to explore the details of the charges in question. To that end, we have sent a Private Note to gather the specific details.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes