Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Invalid Gift Card
ferizo

Hi,

I bought a Verizon Gift Card from verizon.com a month ago. When I tried to check the gift card balance it says invalid card number.

I spent several hours talking to customer service and was getting redirected from one department to another. Finally, a supervisor gave me a case number (as I told her to submit a ticket through Payment Hub). However, the problem still hasn't been solved.

Today, I spent almost the whole day to deal with this issue. I called customer service, twittered them as well. Unfortunately, no one could help.

I am so frustrated, now I have to borrow a Verizon account from a family member (as I can't use my Fios account to login to the community, that's too bad).
Hopefully, someone here could help me.

Thank you!

Re: Invalid Gift Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, in this case I would recommend calling #GIFT (#4438) from your mobile phone or (800) 876–4141 from any phone for support with the gift card that you purchased.

0 Likes
ferizo

Hi,

(800) 876–4141 is only for balance check, that is an automatic system and no way speaks to a representative. I also called (800) 922-0204 and (800) 837-4966, and all other numbers I can find related to Verizon, none of them could help.

That's why I came here to ask for help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello ferizo,

We definitely want to make sure you are able to use your gift card. I would also like to review the ticket created for you. I will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
sam480

I have the same issue, and customer care doesn't help at all. How can I get this resolved?

0 Likes
9wood

Others have had same issue seems to be a common problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sam480, we do want to provide you with the assistance that you need. Being able to use the gift card is important. Are you trying to use the gift card on your wireless account to pay the current bill? Please keep me posted. 

0 Likes
LastDayz

sam480

The answer is you can’t get this resolved. You will spend many countless hours and I mean many countless hours getting bounced around and passed off until someone says they will open a ticket for you that they say takes 3 to 5 days to resolve yet over two weeks later and counting you are still holding worthless gift cards and your point of contact for the ticket won’t respond to you and the customer service reps in this forum will act like they care, will tell you they have sent you a private message and after a couple weeks of dealing with them you are still holding worthless gift cards. I’ve been a victim of Verizon’s gift card scam for almost a month now with no end in sight. I was even asked today to explain my issue again. 
You’ve joined a not so exclusive club as there are many of us who thought buying gift cards direct from Verizon was a secure way to go.
I’m sorry to hear this happened to you too. 
Good luck. 

sam480

No. I just want to use it to buy a iPhone case. Instead I used my credit card to pay. How can you help out here to get my money back for what I paid for this gift card?

0 Likes
sam480

No. I just want to use it to buy a iPhone case. Instead I used my credit card to pay. How can you help out here to get my money back for what I paid for this gift card?

0 Likes