Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Iphone Trade in Promo is a switch and bait gimmik
cbayes

Customer for 17 yrs. Never had an issue. On chat Nov 3rd I ordered 2 iphones. One 12 and one 11. On the 12 i traded in a samsung 10. I was given a $440 promo. On the 11 I traded in a pixel 2. Rep said that would be a $400 promo. I wanted it applied to our monthly rate. I was not able to save the chat, so had no proof of the offer. Verizon sent the wrong color on the iphone 12, so that had to be straightened out. On the phone with different reps probably 10 times. All said or repeated the original offer. In the end, i received $440 on the Iphone 12 line and the Iphone 11 line they suddenly said did not qualify for $400. The promo was only for iphone 11 pro or max. Not one rep EVER informed us of that. Or i would not have ordered the Iphone 11. I have no proof of the chat on Nov 3rd. Nothing. As a courtesy to us, they would maybe allow a one time credit of $200. All well and good. But that was not the original deal. I feel deceived and this is just a big game to this company. I will talk to the better business bureau. At least complain about this practise. We have several other companies to do business with. This got under my fingernail big time. Are they that hard up that they have to lie to get customers to stay with them? Sad. My trust is gone for Verizon whom I held to a high standard for years. No more. I will warn others of this deception via social media. I have never considered this at all. But if one customer can be warned and not fall prey, it is worth it. Thank you for letting me vent.

Re: Iphone Trade in Promo is a switch and bait gimmik
acraftylady2

All devices including a computer have a way to do screen shots so maybe that will help in the future.  

0 Likes
Tigerstep

I wish you luck with any compensation. Gonna be hard for the BBB to do much since Verizon keeps promo details listed on their product pages. 

That said, I never trust anything a Verizon rep says if I don't personally know them.

9wood

Been many compliments or comments on here about promotion and trade ins gone wrong not sure if any got fixed but past few weeks seen a few mentioned on here

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Cbayes, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We don't like to read that any of our customers are upset. We value your loyalty to Verizon over the past 17+ years and hope to continue for many more years to come. I want to get a chance to review all the specifics of the wireless account. I'm going to be sending you a Private Note. Please respond back to that Private Note for further review. 

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

acraftylady2, 

We want to restore your trust and prove that we're worthy of your continued business. This 17 year relationship is important to us. Did you add a new line of service to your account? Did you trade in two devices that were in good working condition for this promotional offer? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
cbayes

I learned to late. 

0 Likes
cbayes

And how may I do that privately? I like to see a satisfactory resolution. I have NEVER had a bad vibe about Verizon. Always trusted what they said they would do for me. BECAUSE they did. This is very disturbing to me. Please advice how i can get someone from Verizon to listen. 

Thank you

Christiane Bayes

0 Likes
cbayes

I did not add a new line. The initial contact was done by chat. The offer that was quoted to me was trade a PIxel 2 for an Iphone 11. The trade in value was $400 for the pixel 2 and it would after a few billing cycles reduce the installment for 24 months to $8 some cents.  That was on my husbands line.

The other line, I had a Samsung 10e. The offer was trading for the iphone 12. Trade in value was $440. Things were a bit complicated since Verizon by mistake sent the wrong color. However, that line received the right promo .

I was NEVER told that the promo for the PIxel 2 did not qualify for the promo because we traded for the 11. Only the 11 pro or max qualified. Had I known that, of course we would have gone with those devices. 

The sales rep told us we had to go to the new plan, which increased our monthly payment as it was. Since the trade in promo's were so good, I accepted. I cannot tell you with how many reps I chatted or was on the phone with. Not until the last rep on 11/27/2020 was I told that the iPhone 11 was not included in the promo. The other reps just said they could not find a promo code. ???? 

On 11/27 i was told that they would offer me $200 since i been a customer for 17 yrs and congratulated me for loyalty. Listen, while that is all nice and good, that was not the original agreement. I was told the pixel 2 would qualify for a trade in of $400 because of 17 yrs of loyalty to Verizon. An exclusive offer. I wrote everything down. I was beginning to get bad vibes a few weeks in. Seems one rep doesn't know what the other one does. 

All i want is for Verizon to stand by the original offer. Can i trust them now? No! Many companies these days use the bait/switch approach to hook customers. I thought Verizon was always above that. Very disappointing. 

Yes, use a new set of eyes on my account. Do the right thing. I want $400 promo trade in on the 0039 line as promised. Nothing less is doing the right thing. 

Sincerely

Christiane Bayes

0 Likes
cbayes

And YES. We take care of our devices. Both phones were in very good condition.

0 Likes