Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is 5G ruining service for rural america?
Hack1966

I have exactly the same issue with service.  It happens in Los Angeles and Southern Utah and everywhere between.  I drive between them weekly for work.  I suspect the carriers are in bed with the phone manufactures and when new service is rolled out you are forced to get a New phone.  I have used Verizon since is was a thing.  Have been loyal.  I have an unlimited data plan with 10 devices.  I am tired of the cruddy service the last few months.  Verizon is far more expensive than anyone else and is no longer worth the price.  I am exploring other options.

Re: Is 5G ruining service for rural america?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ensuring that your service is working correctly at all times while on the Verizon network is out top priority. We're very excited to offer our 5G service. However, we also want to ensure that our customer's service is not experiencing problems and we're here to help. As a long time and valued customer, we'd be more than glad to work with you.

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6608HHdyj

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
SHAWAR76

We're having the same issues now in rural MS. We have a camp out in the country and two months ago everyone that was on Verizon had good service. Something has changed in the last two months. Data is flat unusable. This isn't just my phone....I'm talking 10-12 people that are all having the same issue at our place. Using a cellular/wifi app it's showing the tower we're connecting to as running 5G now. I'm paying for the unlimited beyond service and can't even use data services at all on the weekends. For that matter you can be in be a lunch in the city my office is in and data is almost unusable during peek times. It's obvious the towers are overloaded at peek times. I'm counting down the days when my contract runs out at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to get the best service possible, SHAWAR76! Let's take a closer look. What zip code are you in? What speeds are you getting? Please use this link to test: http://spr.ly/6608HZtEm

0 Likes
SHAWAR76

Hi Support. The zip code for my problem area is 39041.  Speed test range from 0.10Mbps down and 0.06Mbps up to 2-3Mpbs down and 0.20 up. I can have someone next to me run the same test with an AT&T phone and they see decent speeds of 15Mbps down and up. Pretty much the same results for Cspire phones. This problem has recently started a a month to a month and half ago. There are three towers within a few miles of us. One is just off HWY 22 at Trotter road. I believe this is a CSpire tower but used to show Verzion also at this tower. There is a tower a few miles past that one that now shows Verizion and the original does not. The CSpire tower is now showing 5G Beta. The other tower is off HWY 22 at Queens Hill road and this is the tower we're connecting to now instead of the tower that is closer to us which is the Trotter road tower. Using a diagnostic app in the past and now I know for a fact we were connecting to the Trotter road tower where now we are not. It's like Verizon equipment was moved off the CSpire tower.

0 Likes
SHAWAR76

Support,

I replied to your message from 1/20 on 1/22 and supplied you with the requested information pertaining to zip code and speeds that we see. It's been crickets ever since....no reply back from you guys. This is getting old.

0 Likes
Thundr

Same problem in Brookhaven/Wesson areas of Mississippi.  It looks like we are constantly roaming CSpire towers any time you get outside the city limits (as notated in the top left corner of my iPhone 12 Max).  And you can have 3+ bars of LTE on a CSpire tower and you only get 56K d/l speeds.  A person standing next to me on a CSpire phone gets over 80 Mbps.  Verizon, get a better roaming agreement with CSpire in MS, or upgrade your towers so we quit roaming all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

One of our main goals is to provide you with reliable service. Please tell us, are you experiencing these issues indoors or outdoors? When did the issue start? Is your device software up to date?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes