Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Is anyone using or aware of a dual SIM phone that works with Verizon?
efonwang

simple reason: i've to keep my verizon line open when i travel to different countries. i can't miss a call. and verizon's international plans are the most expensive i've seen anywhere. and i've been to A LOT of places.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

efonwang, making sure that you have the best plan that meets your needs and budget is a must. I would like to help provide you with some plan options that may cut down your cost. For a more wide range of plan choice options, please click on the following link for more details here: http://spr.ly/6587DvegW

Another great option is to see if you potentially qualify for a military or employee discount off your plan cost. Please click on the following link for more details here: http://spr.ly/6588Dvego

I hope this helps! 

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BD100001

Hey Verizon, It's time to support a dual-sim phone!

All the big-name phone manufacturers make a dual-sim phone - it's time for Verizon to support one of these phones on your network!

Many of the articles on the web say that there isn't a need in the US - well, there are LOTS of people who carry two phones, a work phone and a personal phone, and this would be perfect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@BD100001 ,

Smartphones are always evolving towards something new, and we always strive to be at the forefront when it improves an existing service.  For more information on the upcoming Dual SIM feature coming to select devices, please check out this link: https://vz.to/2qOe43A

Russell_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I really appreciate your feedback about the availability of a Dual SIM phone, BD100001. I agree. Having two phones with two numbers can get to be a bit cumbersome and it would certainly make life a bit easier to condense your cellular services to one device. And I have really good news! With the arrival of some of the newest iPhones, your ability to use this technology with the Verizon Wireless network will be here soon. You can find out more about this new technology and find out any updates on when it will be arriving by visiting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/dual-sim-with-esim-faqs at your convenience. Is everything working well on your existing device? What model phone do you have now? Are you already with Verizon Wireless?

Jennifer_VZW

0 Likes
bhagyeshrp

Oneplus 6t, 7Pro both worked with dual sim. My verizon sim worked and the international sim too. Good Luck!

0 Likes
flyerandy

Not sure if this is still a question anyone has, but there are many dual SIM phones that work on Verizon. There is only one "approved" one however. That's the OnePlus 6T/(7?)...and technically I guess the iPhone XR and XS as these have eSIM support for Verizon, which can be paired with a 2nd physical SIM.

However I personally have used the following unapproved devices with success on Verizon, including use of VoLTE though not WiFi calling...

1. ZTE Axon 7

2. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

3. Xiaomi Mi Note Global

4. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

Basically, any VoLTE-capable phone with band 13 LTE support will work with Verizon, generally. One may have to do a little tinkering to get things to work perfectly, such as entering a dialer code to disable VoLTE carrier checking, but all in all I've had great success with all of the devices listed above.

0 Likes
erg922

Hi Flyer Randy,  I've been using an Mi Mix3 with success on both Verizon and TMobile. Band 13 is supported and I have the correct APN setting.  Calling, texting and internet all work fine on both carriers.  Couple of problems with VZW and wondering if you have any thoughts.  First is that voice mail notification is not working reliably on VZW.  Second is that any mms messages sent to the VZW number are not readable.  Works fine on the TMO number though.  Verzon isn't interested in helping.

erg922

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

erg922 ,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that we don't want to assist you with your dual SIM issue. However, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 device is not carried by Verizon, and is not one of the listed dual SIM devices that we currently support (check out #3 here: http://spr.ly/6608EtawI ). When you choose to use a device that isn't officially supported by our network features, there will be instances where you experience things like your MMS and voicemail notifications having problems. As only a few phone models have proven to work with this new dual SIM ability so far, you would need to work with the manufacturer of your phone when you use something that hasn't passed our requirements yet.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
jbonne

When will non-iPhone devices sold by Verizon support Dual SIM functionality? 

0 Likes