Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is my bill for the previous month?
Ducky_Loo

My contract ends March 19. But my bill will be ready March 14. Is this bill for the previous month or is it for the upcoming month. Would I have to call verizon to cancel my service on the 19th. Or can the carrier I'm going to do that for me. I don't want to pay my bill if I'm not going to use it much longer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Questions about ending contract.
Not applicable

Ducky_Loo wrote:

So my bill is ready the 14th and  my billing period ends I believe the 8th. My bill is due by the 3rd of each month. And I looked and last period began jan 9th ended feb 8.

Ok so since you can't cancel before the 19th, you'll have to pay for the billing period of March 9 through April 8th.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your bill may be ready March 14th but when it the actual billing period? That would help answer your question. Look at last's month bill and post the billing period.

0 Likes
Ducky_Loo

So my bill is ready the 14th and  my billing period ends I believe the 8th. My bill is due by the 3rd of each month. And I looked and last period began jan 9th ended feb 8.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ducky_Loo wrote:

Ok so since you can't cancel before the 19th, you'll have to pay for the billing period of March 9 through April 8th.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ducky_Loo, what's this talk about you switching to another carrier? We're stepping in to save this wireless relationship. Why are you leaving?

When canceling your service, you are billed to the end of your bill cycle to prevent partial wireless allowances and potential overage charges on your final bill. Although your contract ends on March 19th, you will be billed to end of your bill cycle which would end on April 8th according to the dates that you provided in your previous posts. Please be advised that your wireless service is billed one month in advance.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.