Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is there a manager there that can honor a promise made in January 2020?
nirland83

I was offered a deal for a more competitive pricing to the local competitors in January and as of today 3/11/2020 the promise made has still not been upheld.  I have called numerous times to speak with someone and this company has been extremely disappointing to deal with.  When asking to speak to a manager I was put on a long hold, to where I eventually hung up.   I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here, and just thought I'd put it out here to see if anyone else has had this experience

0 Likes
Re: Is there a manager there that can honor a promise made in January 2020?
mama23dogs

You might get a response from a Verizon rep here.   But it’s primarily a customer populated forum.  
Have you signed up for auto pay and paperless billing with a debit card?  The discount is $10 per line.  If you have not, that might be the difference in price.  Can you price quoted would’ve included that $10 per line discount for auto pay and paperless.

You can check your bill against what the website for price.

0 Likes
nirland83

I have not, but thank you for the response

0 Likes
nirland83

Its just extremely frustrating when they promise you a monthly bill amount and they don't honor it.  But since I can't get anyone at Verizon to help, Spectrum is offering unlimited data for $45 per line, no games, no gimmicks.  I think its time to cut my bill in half

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It’s important that we honor the promises we make, nirland83. You have a great team available here who can help look into the details. We wound not want you to have to consider going to another provider for cellular service. Since we need account-specific information, I’ve sent a Private Note to you.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
nirland83

The account specific information has now been sent to 2 or 3 people thru this forum, and yet to get any help.

0 Likes
nirland83

And yet another person from VZW just called to say they cant honor what the other agent promised.  They can see the notes, just wont honor it.  To anyone that reads it, dont believe a word they tell you!

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@nirland83 wrote:

And yet another person from VZW just called to say they cant honor what the other agent promised.  They can see the notes, just wont honor it.  To anyone that reads it, dont believe a word they tell you!

The website has the prices and deals.  That’s what we customers get.   You cannot dicker with cell carriers for a deal that doesn’t exist. 

If some agent goes rogue and promises something different, something not authorized, they get fired.  But you don’t get a price that isn’t published.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

I go to the store and see a steak for $25. An employee tells me I can get it for $5. I go to check out and it's still $25 because the price is set by the store, not the employee.

In other words, it doesn't matter what a rep says, you have easy access to pricing online. With millions of customers and transparent prices online, it's up to you as the consumer to do your research.