Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is there a problem with bill payment on the website?
Stuart_505

Hopefully someone from Verizon watches this forum, as apparently there is no way to contact them with problems about their website.  I tried three days ago and again today to pay my bill on the Verizon website, as I have been doing every month for years.  On Sunday I got a pop-up saying that my credit card had been declined.  My credit card company was going through a week-long system update, so I thought that might be the problem.  The card company system update was complete by today, so I tried once more to make a payment to Verizon, but got the same result.  I checked very carefully that I was entering all of the card information correctly, but still the card was declined.  I contacted the credit card company, and confirmed that there are no blocks or holds on my credit card - in other words, there is no reason the credit card company would decline to make this payment.  I contacted Verizon customer support, and the representative could find nothing that would indicate the website was having problems.  He connected me to the automated payment system (on the phone) where I entered exactly the same card information, and the payment was accepted.  So now the questions:  is this a known issue?  Have others been unable to make credit card payments on Verizon's website recently?  Is this going to happen again next month?  And why isn't there an easier way to contact Verizon about website issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a problem with bill payment on the website?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Stuart_505, I'm sorry that you've experienced difficulty attempting to make an online payment. I rely on the website for payments as well and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I checked our alerts and did not see any reported issues regarding online payments. Did you have the chance to clear your browser's cookies or try a different browser to process the payment?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stuart_505

Hello.  Actually, I tried on two separate computers and had the same results on each.  I did not try a different browser, or clearing the cookies.  I figured if it didn't work from two different computers on two different networks, it was most likely caused by something on Verizon's website.

0 Likes
NM88220-R

I'm having the same problem, only with being able to view my on-line PDF bill.  Verizon definitely has something wrong with their bill payment and view website, but nobody seem to be able to figure that out at Verizon.  It's funny because it seems like someone has broken/lost the association between an account number and the cell phone number.

Hope fully they'll figure their billy paying website problems soon...really annoying!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NM88220-R,

We want to make sure we we get this resolved. We always want to make sure you can view your bill. It is always important. What type of errors are you having when attempting to view your bill?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NM88220-R

When you try to view & print your PDF bill, it say "this service is not available.  Try back later.". For 3 months now, on any computer, any browser.

If I look at the statement/document history, only those items that have the cell number showing under the "number" column are viewable NY PDF.  The bills all have "----" showing under the "Number" column & can not be viewed.  Get the error message given able.  Many of those bills once had the number showing and I have the PDF printout obtained from Verizon's website.

Please get your IT Department to look at their software...there a broken relationship on Verizon's database.  I am no rookie with a computer nor the type of software VZW is using.  Fix them problem please.

0 Likes
winterbaby18

I have absolutely zero problems viewing my PDF bill (just tried it twice on different computers in both Firefox and Internet Explorer).  I even tried viewing my moms VZW account bill pdf and hers has no issues either.

0 Likes
winterbaby18

Paying on the VZW website does not generate a declined message via a popup window.  I know because I've had declined card messages before.  Are you using Verified by Visa or another similar service?  If your not using one of those then is your system up to date with antivirus and have you run a recent scan?

0 Likes
NM88220-R

I DON'T pay on the Verizon website, only PRINT my PDF bill.

0 Likes
NM88220-R

And I do use a reputable Antivirus program.

0 Likes