Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issue with credit to account
elisejeffery1

So, I have a bit of an unusual scenario. For the heck of it, I wanted to see if I could upgrade my phone even though it was not 50% paid off yet. To my surprise, the system allowed me to do so. I upgraded my Samsung to an iPhone and sent back the original device despite it not being 50% paid off. Verizon accepted the return and it is currently at their warehouse. A couple weeks go by, and I notice that on my account, it is showing my new phone but with my old payment agreement for my Samsung that was sent back. After reaching out to Verizon a million times only to be told to leave it be, that it will fix itself, I finally spoke to a phone agent that said since I wasn’t supposed to upgrade yet, that’s why the original agreement was still showing. Since it was a system glitch and Verizon already has the old phone back, the agent did a device buyout for the old phone and told me a credit for the old phone would be applied to my account so I wouldn’t be charged the $437 I still owed on the phone. I was told the credit would be on there Friday and it is not. The agent provided me her email for a follow up but she is not responding to my emails, so I’m in the dark about what’s happening. I work 3pm-11pm every single day, so I don’t have the time to sit on hold with Verizon to repeat my situation AGAIN and get nowhere. Is there anyone who can help me and read the notes on my account? I need this credit applied. I don’t have $437 to pay on a phone I don’t have anymore. Please help. 

0 Likes
Re: Issue with credit to account
elisejeffery1

This device buyout was to remove my old payment agreement on the account and to add the new payment agreement for my new phone. Right now my new phone is showing as paid off when I haven’t even made the first payment on it yet. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know being able to upgrade and have things go through smoothly is important, elisejeffery1. With our Early Upgrade program, you can technically upgrade before the 50% mark. However, you should be required to pay part of the current Device Payment Plan to get it up to the 50% mark, then the return will take care of the remaining 50% of the original agreement for that old phone. With this not going right, it's clear how this held up the new Device Payments from being added to the bill correctly. I hope this information helps clear up what should occur with the Early Upgrade and your bill going forward. 

*Zaak

0 Likes
elisejeffery1

Except to get it paid up to 50%, I would have only owed $100 or so.. I’m being charged the remaining balance of the phone. Which is supposed to be credited back to me as of yesterday, but I have no updates on that. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're happy to take a look at this for you in further detail. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes