Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issue with customer service - Is there price matching with Verizon?
alorente

Hi folks. Am I overreacting to this agent's response? See our conversation below. It lasted about 40 minutes. I understand the delay but really did not appreciate the agent telling me what I want to have in a product. I understand that by level of service he means the 4G network that I would utillize in both plans - Am I wrong in that part? I feel like that might be where the communication error was. We were both discussing the $45 unlimited data plan for Xfinity. I don't know if I was just a big xxxxx or if I just really had a bad experience with customer support. All of this just really consolidated my desire to move to Xfinity - Does anybody have any opnions to share?

Edited by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Issue with customer service - Is there price matching with Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are very sad that you are wanting to leave us and did not have a great experience when contacting us. We are here to help.

We apologize, but we do not price match any provider. We are also sorry for the incorrect information given about that competitor. We always want to provide the correct information to everyone, so we try to use the competitor's website.

Most likely were confused when reviewing the plan you are referring to. There are many different stipulations like needing to have residential internet service with that provider, as well them limiting speeds regardless of congestion once you reach a certain amount of usage. 

We only try and provide our customers with the information we find, since it is very common for most customers to come back to us after experiencing another provider. We have sent you a Private Message, we want to see what we can do to help keep you with us.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

You should know full well any employee regardless of business can't make up the price of service to appease someone.

Verizon has their prices online with the unlimited ones showing cost based off number of line to make it easy. If that price doesn't work for you, Verizon isn't for you.

Xfinity resells the leftovers from Verizon towers so your service will be below Verizon's own prepaid customers.

0 Likes
alorente

Hey Tigerstep,

I am aware of that. The transcription of our conversation has been removed by Verizon moderators - as a matter of fact, that is actually what I reached out for - I just wanted to know how much it would cost to pay out my contract so I could change to Xfinity. From my point of view, the employee who I talked to made it seem like Verizon would do that price matching given a few conditions, and the conversation escalated from there.

0 Likes