Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It won't let me pay online
filly_05

Is there something wrong with online bill pay?  I've tried to pay for 2 days now using my saved checking account info and after hitting the "pay bill" button it just re-directs me to that same page asking to select my payment amount and payment form.  I tried entering and saving my debit card info and it appeared as though the payment went through but logging on today to look at the new GS7 edge, while it recognizes I was on yesterday, the payment never went through and I am still unable to pay online.

Now, getting slightly irritated I tried asking someone through chat.  But low and behold the chat feature is no longer a live person but another machine which "can't answer more than one sentence at a time".  So I type "can't pay online" and it responds by telling me to call or go into a store.  I'm sorry, paying online is a convenience to your customers.  I worked in tech support for 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week for 18 months - I DON'T like talking on the phone anymore and with my insanely busy schedule I certainly don't have time to go to the nearest store.

Lastly, while I'm here, what is with this $40 upgrade fee?  I'm sorry but what happened to the idea of rewarding your loyal customers?  Why should I have to PAY to stay with you? My contract is up, it has been.  I planned on signing a new 2-year contract (meaning I'd remain a loyal customer for another 2 years - just to point that out).  But you are going to charge me $40 to do so?  If you are trying to offset activation and upgrade costs, why not charge those that are on the edge plan that can get a new phone more frequently?  That's a convenience to THOSE customers having the ability to upgrade more often than every 2 years. Charge them! Not those that are keeping the same phone for 2+ years and signing a contract!

So tell me Verizon, why should I stay with you?  You are moving away from live people for customer service and you are CHARGING your loyal customers if they decide to stay with you and continue to be loyal customers. Why not reward your loyal customers with discounts?  I chose Verizon because of the customer service and the deals they offered at the time.  Now it doesn't look like they have either of those things. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Signed:

Maybe not a loyal Verizon customer for long

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: It won't let me pay online
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

filly_05,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues while attempting to pay online. I know this is the easiest way to do anything these days.  We do encourage you to attempt to make a payment over the phone. This can be done by dialing #PMT. It is a very simple way to make payments. This can be done 24/7.

The $40 upgrade fee does help us offset the cost of many free features we have. Online chatting, Facaebook, Twitter, and over the phone support. These are just a few items this includes. This is a one time charge.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
naansalad

you don't have to pay upgrade fee...when you go to another carrier you will pay activation fee and when you try to upgrade there you will pay upgrade fee more than V ......that upgrade fee already effective from last two years...so you stay or leave fee do applied with most of carrier beside prepay ....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

filly_05,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues while attempting to pay online. I know this is the easiest way to do anything these days.  We do encourage you to attempt to make a payment over the phone. This can be done by dialing #PMT. It is a very simple way to make payments. This can be done 24/7.

The $40 upgrade fee does help us offset the cost of many free features we have. Online chatting, Facaebook, Twitter, and over the phone support. These are just a few items this includes. This is a one time charge.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

If you choose the device payment option, you won't be charged an upgrade fee and you might actually pay less over two years for the two cost of the phone and service charges.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
filly_05

Paying $400 more for the phone would not offset any service charges. I'd actually be paying more for my plan AND the phone if I were to switch to the Verizon Plan. So that is not a correct answer in my case. As for the "upgrade fee", not all service providers charge the upgrade fee.  I can understand the activation fee.  But to say the upgrade fee offsets the cost of other free features offered by Verizon, specifically mentioning the Chat feature that DID NOT HELP ME? It's an automated system now that just refers to you other online links or to call or go to a store. That is not helpful at all. You might as well get rid of the chat feature because I could just as easily type my question into a google search bar and get the same response. And then to say it offsets the cost of facebook, twitter and phone support? Um, let's rehash that - facebook, while there are certain marketing plans you DO have to pay for, it's otherwise free. Twitter? Free. Verizon has always had phone support, long before this fee ever existed and I'm pretty sure Verizon did just fine on profits then. So what changed? None of these "correct answers" have made me think twice about leaving Verizon. I think Verizon is more concerned with trying to get new customers, gloating about having the best coverage while forgetting about the customers they already have.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

First, you said " If you are trying to offset activation and upgrade costs, why not charge those that are on the edge plan that can get a new phone more frequently?  "

Then later: "Paying $400 more for the phone would not offset any service charges. I'd actually be paying more for my plan AND the phone if I were to switch to the Verizon Plan. "

Those on the EDGE (or DPP) are paying the full cost of the phone, spread over 24 months.  Their line access fee is discounted, either $25, $20, or $25 a month, depending on their current plan and data bucket.  That discount, over 24 months, usually works out to the same or more than the cost of the phone.  So you really need to look at $40/month x 24 months on a 2 year contract, plus whatever the discounted price is, typically $200-$300, vs full price for the phone and a monthly cost of $20 (average).  It may be a wash, and it may turn out to be less to go on a DPP or buy the phone outright. 

Bookdiva12

Th previous note is dated 2016!  You have either switched back to that system or you are doing it without my permission.  I have been set up with a lockbox which removes your payment from my checking account. This system has been in place for some time.  Today I’m seeing a different arrangement, requiring me to set up auto payment.  I DO NOT WANT TO PAY AUTOMATICALLY.  Today I will be forced to write a check and hope it reaches you on time.  It seems as though you continue to make the process more difficult.  I also think I should have been notified that my payment “arrangement” was going to changed.  If I missed something and the method of bill payment through my bank is still an option, please let me know.

By the way, the current web design with the HUGE FONTS and the several page layout is ridiculous and it also might make customers crazy because it takes so much time to find an instruction.

the previous post wrote a very similar objection to this in 2016.  This is the first month of 2022.  Why has this not been adressed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bookdiva12, we always want you to be able to pay with the payment method you're most comfortable with. We would never want you to be forced to do anything. Can you please clarify what exactly you are referring to that is making you switch to Auto Pay? Please provide more details so that we can help you.  -Alicia

0 Likes