Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lack of resolve/conclusion from customer service and leadership.
ckbridges

Over what feels like a year I have been having issues with my #iPadPro connecting to the Verizon network. 

Seem to be a minor issue at first. But over time it got worse. To the point it has not connected in well over 6 months approx. Have tried the various reset/restarts instructed by various reps. Have even had SIM card sent to me. 

Nothing appears to be cosmetically wrong with it. Works well on Wi-Fi. Just for some reason does not want to connect to Verizon network. 

My issue is over months, countless hours on phone with reps (multiple broken promises from them), transfers to almost every department, NOW it’s not Verizon issue. 

I don’t mind continue paying for the leased product but why am I still paying for the network?

Dealing with this dilemma has not been pleasant in any way shape or form.
Talk to Asurion, pay deposit and get another. AFTER ALMOST A YEAR?!?! 

There is numerous times the iPad and network would have helped me achieve task at hand. 

But, no. I did not have that capability. 

Re: Lack of resolve/conclusion from customer service and leadership.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ckbridges, we are definitely troubled to hear of the concerns you had with your iPad. I know I would be upset as well. To clarify, the iPad itself was the only device having trouble or were other devices such as a smartphone as well. Am I correct in seeing that you were able to file a claim with Asurion and you now have a working device? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
ckbridges

The iPad is the only device I been having network trouble with. I have not filed a claim with Asurion. I do not have a working device. 

After an ample amount of hours spent on phone well over 6 months, all I got was a transfer to Asurion who is asking for a payment.

Just disheartening as contracted customer. That I feel forced to pay an insurance deposit for a tablet that I have been having network issues for a long time, as shown on account. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

To confirm, does the iPad have any physical or liquid damage?

*Breanna

0 Likes
ckbridges

no it does not 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to look into this further. Please send us a Private Note, so we can best assist. 

*Rebecca

0 Likes
Darkknight59

Similar issue with my iPad Air 4...have been working from home for quite a while so not sure when issue started..but went back to office and discovered issue. Had sessions with support and went to store for a new SIM card and trouble persisted..so went to Apple Store and with Care+ they replaced the iPad..but trouble continues. My wife has an iPad and I can place her SIM card in and I get network service..but when I place my car in hers she has same issue.

To be clear...my issue is with network connectivity and I believe support is trying to resolve..nor do I question "leadership"..this is a service/network/sim issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the additional information. When switching out the SIM cards between the two iPad's is it an identical SIM Card? Also is the make and model of both iPad's the same?

*Gert

0 Likes
Darkknight59

No, the new SIM card I received has a "5G" designation and the other did not and mine is an iPad Air 4 Gen and hers is a iPad 8 Gen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you, have you had a chance to attempt to lower the type of signal the iPad can try to grab onto? For example if it's 5G capable, turning off the 5G, and seeing if it can pick up a better 4G LTE signal instead. 

*Gert

0 Likes